Allied Universal, the largest security force in North America, and a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, today announced its new Global Security Operations Center as a Service (GSOCaaS) offering.
Available in the company’s Monitoring and Response Center, based in Richardson, Texas, the driving force of GSOCaaS is Swan Island Network’s TX360® situational awareness and threat intelligence platform and ThreatMinder’s social media monitoring product combined with Allied Universal’s monitoring and response center analyst and operator infrastructure.
“Businesses are seeking the best practices and technology to prepare and prevent threats, minimize risk and keep their employees and assets safe,” says Ty Richmond, Allied Universal President, Integrated Security Solutions and Technology.
“Through our new integrated GSOC offerings and partners, we’re providing a single sourcing capability with the latest platforms and tools to accomplish this in an ever-evolving and complex world.”
Through Allied Universal’s Monitoring and Response Center (MaRC), a focused recruiting operation provides specialized sourcing of GSOC operators and analysts that can be dedicated at a client’s location or reside inside the MaRC.
These resources are critical to the analysis, reporting, and communication of critical events as well as to managing all physical and operational information work flow.
An overview of the new platforms and products are as follow:
- TX360 sorts through over 1,000 open source data channels to efficiently identify situational intelligence that is critical during a crisis, allowing security professionals to make faster, better informed decisions with highly relevant, real-time alerts and a comprehensive common operating picture of intel from around the world or down the street.
- The cloud-based platform enables highly secure and targeted delivery of critical information to identify and manage the most relevant emerging risks and threats.
- Threatminder monitors potential threats to corporate assets across the Web, dark web and social media.
- Using proprietary technologies to monitor, analyze and notify businesses of online threats, the 24×7 system provides valuable insight into possible risk and liability.
- Analysts will also categorize and communicate possible danger in real time when a threat is detected, enabling a proactive response.
- LiveSafe puts a mobile security system in the hands of everyone in an organization, deputizing employees so they can feel involved and empowered to do something when they see something.
- Users can send text, photos, videos and precise location information to report incidents ranging from routine maintenance needs to suspicious activity to safety threats.
- LiveSafe’s cloud-based command dashboard receives tips in real time and allows security officials to respond via secure live chat.
- Groupdolists, powered by Centrallo, simplifies team coordination during routine and emergency events, instantly creating a common operating picture across Security Operations Centers and dispersed response teams, keeping them synchronized throughout the life cycle of any situation.
- Groupdolists increases transparency, provides greater accountability, and can be shared with leaders to reduce distractions and interruptions and help ensure deployment of the right resources, at the right time.
Allied Universal is debuting these new platforms and applications at ASIS 2017.
Held Sept. 25-28 in Dallas, Tex., the show is the largest industry event held annually to address priorities, education and issues for security management professionals.
Show attendees are invited to visit Allied Universal at Booth #2733 for a demo of GSOC software and applications.
Learn more about Allied Universal’s show activities, including participation in education sessions, at this link.
Allied Universal at a Glance
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions.
With headquarters in Santa Ana, CA, and Conshohocken, PA, Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business.
An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 60 years.
Allied Universal in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, Allied Universal will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of innovative Government Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection Programs.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.