ASIS international is about to launch, and Arecont Vision, the industry leader in IP-based megapixel camera technology, and a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, will release two new Made in USA cyber-secure megapixel camera series there in Dallas, Texas.
The full-featured MegaVideo® 4K/1080p dual-mode day/night indoor box camera series
The MegaDome G3 and G3 RS (remote setup) indoor/outdoor dome camera series that bring new capabilities and easy installation
The Made in USA MegaVideo® 4K Ultra-High Resolution Box Camera and the Two New MegaDome® Camera Series will be on display in booth 3221 at ASIS International, September 26 – 28, 2017 at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center, Dallas, Texas.
MegaVideo® 4K Ultra-High Resolution Box Camera
The MegaVideo 4K is the latest member of the customer-proven box-style camera family and is loaded with advanced features and capabilities.
The new dual-mode camera covers a wide range of project requirements with a choice of full 8.3MP (3840×2160 megapixels) for 4K ultra-high resolution image quality at 30 fps (frames per second) or 1080p mode for ultra-fast frame rates of 60 fps.
“The new MegaVideo 4K compact box camera affordably delivers many of Arecont Vision’s most advanced features and technologies while offering our unique cybersecurity protection and future-proof upgradability,” said Brad Donaldson, Vice President, Product Development, Arecont Vision.
“Remote focus and zoom make setup quick and easy for the installer, with a range of lenses and optional enclosures to meet any surveillance requirement for ultra-high definition 4K video.”
Features and capabilities of the MegaVideo 4K series are many:
- NightView™ low light color imaging technology, P-Iris control for enhanced depth of field and image clarity, and binning mode (in 1080p resolution) with integrated mechanical IR cut filter deliver true day/night functionality.
- WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) sees clearly in varied and overexposed areas.
- The MegaVideo 4K features a choice of remote focus/remote zoom motorized P-Iris lens (4.4–10mm, 12-50mm, or 30-120mm).
- Optional camera housings (11” and 16” models) and mounting accessories ensure the indoor camera can also be used for a wide range of outdoor ultra-high resolution surveillance applications with any of the three lens choices.
- MegaVideo 4K includes SNAPstream™ (Smart Noise Adaptation and Processing) technology to reduce bandwidth and storage requirements without impacting image quality.
- Other key MegaVideo 4K features include dual encoders (H.264/MJPEG), Casino Mode™ (to maintain a continuous 30fps), privacy mask, real-time 1024-zone motion detection, non-integer scaling, multi-casting, multi-streaming (4 non-identical streams), bit rate control, flexible cropping, adjustable shutter speed, picture-in-picture (simultaneous delivery of full field of view and zoomed images), and forensic zooming.
- The camera also includes a MicroSD (SDHC) card reader for onboard storage requirements.
- Power can be supplied via a single Power-over Ethernet (PoE) compliant network cable with no external power required, or by use of a 12-48V DC/24V AC power supply.
- The built-in camera webpage allows for an intuitive and fast configuration, while the AV IP Utility tool allows quick configuring or updating of one or multiple MegaVideo 4K cameras simultaneously.
- Network protocols HTTPS, 802.1x, IPv4, SNMP, and DHCP are among those supported for network security, integration, and simplified setup.
G3 and G3 RS MegaDome® Camera Series
Arecont Vision pioneered the megapixel (MP) dome market in 2009, when MegaDome was the first to offer H.264 compression in an all-in-one camera, lens, and housing solution.
Subsequent generations of the series have added many important capabilities and refinements, culminating in the state-of-the-art MegaDome G3 and G3 RS families.
“The MegaDome G3 and G3 RS series include installer-friendly housings with motorized remote focus and zoom for easy installation, while the RS models go even further with revolutionary hands-free setup,” added Brad Donaldson.
“Both of the new MegaDome series are packed with advanced capabilities, including bandwidth reduction and day/night technologies for unmatched performance for the widest possible range of customer requirements.”
MegaDome G3 offers 1.2, 1080p, 3, 5, and 10MP choices to address any application need.
All models offer an IR-corrected motorized P-iris wide angle or telephoto varifocal lens with remote focus/zoom for outstanding image clarity and easy installation.
Arecont Vision’s H.264 compression and advanced SNAPstream™ (Smart Noise Adaptation and Processing) technology reduce bandwidth consumption and storage requirements without impacting image quality in all MegaDome G3 models.
Optional STELLAR™ (Spatio Temporal Low Light Architecture) technology is available in select models for best-in-class light sensitivity to capture full color details in near complete darkness, or with enhanced Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology for applications with varied or over-saturated lighting conditions.
For enhanced lighting, integrated IR (infrared) illuminators are available in select models.
MegaDome G3 features an installer-friendly housing that is easier than ever to install, while maintaining both a IP66 environmental and an IK-10 impact resistant ratings.
Many other advanced features are also included in the MegaDome G3 series.
MegaDome G3 RS:
MegaDome G3 RS offers 3 or 5MP resolution choices, SNAPstream, models with optional Enhanced WDR, IP66/IK-10 ratings, and an extensive list of advanced features.
MegaDome G3 RS makes installation and setup faster than ever.
With remote setup, the installer mounts the camera and installs the PoE (Power over Ethernet) network cable and then dismounts the ladder or lift.
The camera’s motorized varifocal lens package features remote positioning, focus, pan (359o), tilt (90o), and zoom capabilities for rapid, completely hands-free setup while the installer is safely on the ground.
Future changes or adjustments to the view and focus can be made without requiring mounting a ladder or lift.
The MegaDome G3 and G3 RS series are both ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) Profile S compliant.
Arecont Vision cameras go beyond ONVIF, and are integrated with the industry’s leading video management system (VMS) and network video recorder (NVR) choices through the Technology Partner Program and its MegaLab™ test and certification facility.
Cybersecurity Protection and Future Upgrades
Arecont Vision cameras are based on our in-house developed Massively Parallel Image Processing (MPIP) architecture in place of common operating systems like Linux (which is found in most competitor cameras).
MPIP runs on the FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) integrated circuit at the core of every Arecont Vision camera.
Most competitor cameras run on ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) chips.
These differences in philosophy have real-world implications.
- Arecont Vision cameras can be updated to add entirely new features over the network as we develop them.
- For example, our newest cameras support SNAPstream technology for reduced bandwidth demand and lower storage requirements without impacting image quality.
- Over a hundred existing, pre-SNAPstream-developed Arecont Vision cameras can be updated to add this and other capabilities.
- The ASIC-based cameras our competitors offer cannot be updated in this manner.
- A new camera must be purchased to get the new feature.
- Arecont Vision develops our own architecture and all of the code that provides our core features and capabilities.
- Because we don’t run Linux or other common operating systems like competitors do, we aren’t at risk of the constantly-being-discovered-and-abused cybersecurity threats those OS systems are victim of.
- We also don’t add in risky backdoors unknowingly through licensing of 3rd party code or chipsets which may have similar security holes.
Recently, many ONVIF-compliant cameras were found to be at risk from the Devil’s Ivy security vulnerability.
(Millions of IoT devices are vulnerable to cybersecurity attacks due to a vulnerability initially discovered in remote security cameras. Courtesy of Wochit News and YouTube)
Because we develop our own code, Arecont Vision cameras were never at risk.
Competitor cameras remain at risk until each has its firmware updated with a security patch, which could be a monumental task to accomplish for many of their customers.
Arecont Vision cameras are unable to be maliciously repurposed for use in Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), network penetration, ransomware, and other cyberattacks, or to be used to spread to malware and computer viruses to other network-enabled devices.
Arecont Vision in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, Arecont Vision will be competing against the Industry’s Leading providers of Innovative IP Video Surveillance Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.
Good luck to Arecont on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
Arecont Vision products are made in the USA.
For more information, please visit the company website at or the company’s website at https://www.arecontvision.com/.