Arecont Vision®, the industry leader in IP-based megapixel camera technology, and a 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Winner, has unveiled the newest member of the MegaDome® feature-rich camera series.
“The MegaDome family continues to lead the dome camera segment with the many features and capabilities built into this installer-friendly camera series that our customers have come to expect,” said Brad Donaldson, Vice President of Product Development, Arecont Vision.
“The new MegaDome UltraHD adds Tri-Mode capability, offering the user the choice of 12MP at 20fps, 4K at 30fps, or 1080p at 60fps, enabling delivery of outstanding video for a wide range of requirements.”
The true day/night indoor/outdoor MegaDome UltraHD dome camera is loaded with features, including a motorized remote focus/zoom P-Iris lens mounted in a 3-axis gimbal.
(Remote Setup IP Megapixel Cameras Only from Arecont Vision. Courtesy of Arecont Vision and YouTube)
The installer-friendly, IP66 environmental-rated and IK-10 impact-resistant housing encloses integrated IR LEDs with adjustable beam angle and LED intensity, SDHC onboard storage card slot, and mechanical IR cut filter.
Wide dynamic range (WDR), NightView™ low light technology, binning mode for strong low light performance, SNAPstream™ (Smart Noise Adaptation and Processing) technology for reduced bandwidth without impacting image quality, and dual encoder H.264/MJPEG capabilities are built in as with other members of the MegaDome series.
Features include privacy mask, motion detection, flexible cropping, bit rate control, multi-streaming, multicasting, forensic viewing, and non-integer scaling.
The camera offers network protocols for security and management including SNMP, HTTPS, 802.1x, IPv4, and DHCP. Power requirements are met entirely via PoE (Power over Ethernet) or optionally via 12-24V DC.
At the heart of all Arecont Vision-brand cameras is the in-house developed Massively Parallel Image Processing (MPIP) architecture, leveraging a built-in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) integrated circuit.
The architecture enables Arecont Vision cameras to be field upgraded with new advanced features and capabilities as they become available, while providing unmatched cybersecurity capabilities.
All Arecont Vision cameras are integrated and tested with the industry’s leading VMS, video analytics, networking, storage, and other software and hardware through the company’s Technology Partner Program™ and subsidiary MegaLab™ technology center.
MegaDome UltraHD Key Features Include:
- 12 Megapixel at 20fps
- 12MP/4K/1080p Tri-Mode with 4K at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps
- SNAPstream™ Capability to Reduce Bandwidth without Impacting Image Quality
- Remote Focus/Zoom P-Iris Lens
- P-Iris Control to Get Best Depth of Field and Image Clarity
- WDR: See Clearly in Shaded and Bright Light Conditions Simultaneously
- NightView™ Technology for Strong Low Light Performance
- Binning Mode for Strong Low Light Performance
- True Day/Night Functionality with Mechanical IR Cut Filter
- Dual Encoder H.264/MJPEG
- Privacy Mask, Motion Detection, Flexible Cropping, Bit Rate Control, Multi-Streaming, Multicasting, Forensic Zooming, and Non-Integer Scaling
- Network Protocols Include SNMP, HTTPS, 802.1x, IPv4, DHCP, and More
- IR LEDs with Adjustable Beam Angle and LED Intensity
- SDHC Card Slot for Onboard Storage (SD Card Sold Separately)
- Total PoE Solution (No External Power Required for IR LEDs) with Auxiliary Power: 12–24V DC
- Outdoor Rated IP66 and IK-10 Impact-Resistant Housing
- Easily Adjustable 3-Axis Gimbal
Arecont Vision Wins Platinum in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
- Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- SurroundVideo Omni G3 Adjustable View Multi-Sensor Camera
- Best IP Video Surveillance Solution
American Security Today’s 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Awards Presentation Luncheon at ISC East was an overwhelming success, with distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government.
Over 100 professionals gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies, and
- Leaders in Private Security
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
American Security Today was formed after careful reflection of 9/11 and its aftermath when the Department of Homeland Security was established and there was an immediate explosion of new products and solutions for what was perceived as an imminent second attack on primary targets in the United States.
As time moved forward from 9/11 itself and in recent years, the threats to our nation have evolved from a large scale 9/11 type attack to:
- Domestic and International Terrorist Attacks carried out by ‘lone wolves’ and coordinated individuals
- Cybersecurity breach attacks against our government agencies, financial institutions and critical infrastructure facilities
- Unprecedented urban violence
- Cultural shifts and societal media bias, which make it increasingly difficult to secure our nation in this constantly evolving threat environment.