Battelle will feature its revolutionary technology-driven Special Operations solutions for unique challenges in booth 320, at the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) which begins today.
Those items taking center stage include a counter-UAS device, a virtual demo of a large unmanned underwater vehicle, an active, in-flight ice protection system and expertly engineered armored vehicles.
From rapid prototyping, technology insertion and system integration to mission-critical equipment development and deployment to advanced unmanned solutions across domains, Battelle has been trusted by U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) since its inception to transform discoveries in the lab to mission-ready solutions that protect people and save lives.
Stop by Battelle’s booth (#320) to learn more about the products and services below.
- A unique counter UAS system that effectively jams the signal of threatening drones, bringing them to a stop.
- More than 200 units have been procured by the Department of Defense, the Department of the Homeland Security and international partners.
(Army Warfighting Assessment Drone Defender, courtesy of Battelle and YouTube)
- Experience what it’s like to be under water in this large dual-mode submersible vehicle with a virtual reality headset experience.
- The vehicle has completed well over a thousand hours of manned and autonomous missions with unique payloads in the waters around Panama City, Florida.
- See the revolutionary anti-icing and de-icing system that can address some of SOCOM’s most pressing requirements.
- The system uses carbon nanotube technology to extend mission envelope, improve safety and performance.
(HeatCoat is an active, in-flight ice-protection system, based on resistive heating coating technology & provides the anti-icing/deicing solution with the smallest size, weight, and power envelope without compromising aerodynamic performance. Courtesy of Battelle and YouTube)
- As a Battelle subsidiary, SeeByte, provides militaries and Special Forces with the most advanced software solutions to enhance the capabilities of underwater sensors, vehicles and systems.
Non-Standard Commercial Vehicle (NSCV)
- See the vehicles Battelle has been building for Special Operations Forces under a $170 million contract awarded last year.
(Battelle’s unarmored and armored vehicles are expertly engineered for military, security and commercial customers. Off-road tested and field-proven, these vehicles are the toughest in the business – equipped to endure rigorous missions in rough terrain resulting in off-road mobility and long-term durability that can’t be beat. Courtesy of Battelle and YouTube)
Every day, the people of Battelle apply science and technology to solving what matters most.
At major technology centers and national laboratories around the world, Battelle conducts research and development, designs and manufactures products, and delivers critical services for government and commercial customers.