Poor management, distraction, social media, and excessive workloads are the top four reasons for human error in the workplace, according to a snapshot poll* conducted by Centrify, a Finalist in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, at this year’s recently concluded GITEX Technology Week 2017 in Dubai, UAE.
Other parameters that emerged from the poll, responsible for creating human error and in terms of importance include:
- Lack lack of recognition of data security responsibilities
- Password sharing
- Mobile devices
- Complicated technology
- Excessive policies and compliance regulations
- Poor data security, and
According to this snapshot poll conducted during GITEX Technology Week 2017, which examines how human error might lead to data security risks within organizations, just over half 52% of the respondents believe that businesses will not be able to trust technology enough to replace employees as a means of avoiding human error in the workplace.
The poll also found that 88% of the respondents feel that businesses are becoming too reliant on technology as a means of avoiding the data risks associated with human error.
Despite the potential risks to business from the large possible variety of human errors, the snapshot polls also indicated an overwhelming majority of the respondents 83%, think it is the responsibility of the employee over technology to ensure organizations avoid potential data breaches in their workplace.
“Even with large scale advances in security and threat protection technology, the employee in the workplace remains the single weakest link in the chain and the most responsible for insider level intrusions,” remarked Kamel Heus, Regional Sales Manager MEA, Centrify.
83% of respondents in our GITEX 2017 survey recognize it to be the responsibility of the employee over technology to avoid potential data breaches in their workplace.”
“Our survey indicates that weak practices around employee management 20%, distraction 14%, social media 13%, excessive workloads 11%, are the top four reasons for human error in the workplace.”
“Centrify is committed to securing the boundary less digital workplace as technologies transform work practices and job roles in organizations that are going to drive the digital economy of tomorrow.”
Data breaches are happening at an alarming rate.
Today’s security is not enough.
(Learn More about Centrify’s Next Dimension Security. Courtesy of Centrify and YouTube)
Centrify is implementing a massive rethink in security by delivering a complete platform to stop breaches through the trifecta of Identity Services for applications, endpoints and infrastructure—both on-premises and in the cloud.
By taking a unique approach to controlling both end user and privileged access in the hybrid enterprise, one that simplifies the implementation of identity best practices and strengthens an organization’s risk posture, Centrify is working to ensure the next dimension in security stops breaches.
Centrify Identity Services ensure identities are protected through an integrated solution across applications, devices, and infrastructure.
Centrify helps customers reduce IT overhead and improve compliance by providing users with a consistent log in experience and eliminating identity siloes.
The Centrify Identity Services Platform is a common set of foundational shared services.
App Services, Endpoint Services and Infrastructure Services are built upon the Centrify Identity Services Platform.
Below is an overview of the key capabilities:
- With Centrify Identity Services, you can deploy Single Sign-On to thousands of preconfigured web and mobile applications, and add new applications, in a matter of seconds.
- Centrify Identity Services also strengthens security for cloud and on-premises applications with adaptive MFA that enables you to choose your authentication methods and elevate privilege based on real-time user risk scoring from the Analytics Services.
- Integrated Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) provides IT administrators with a single portal to manage users and mobile devices, and promotes context-aware access to all of your enterprise apps and infrastructure.
(See how Centrify Infrastructure Services application password management mitigates the risk associated with cyber attackers trolling through scripts, application code and configuration files on servers looking for embedded credentials that can help them ultimately gain access to privileged accounts and then move laterally to expose your sensitive data. Courtesy of Centrify and YouTube)
- Centrify Identity Services also help you manage access from PCs and MACs.
- Integrated Mac and mobile device management allows your enterprise to design and deliver a consistent and secure BYOD policy.
- Centrify Identity Services enforces Robust Smart Card Support for PC and Mac and derived credential support for mobile devices enabling a strong authentication environment.
- Centrify Identity Services helps your organization consolidate identity, authentication, and access management across over 450 platforms—including Linux and UNIX.
- Privilege elevation security, based on roles and responsibilities, is swift and seamless.
- Secure remote access enables you to secure all administrative access, regardless of location, with context-aware MFA.
- Record privileged sessions to audit exactly who did what, when and on which system.
(See how Centrify Infrastructure Services control access to specific data center and cloud-based resources without the increased risk and overhead of providing full VPN access, and combine risk-level with role-based access controls, user context and multi-factor authentication (MFA) for intelligent, automated, real-time decisions on whether to grant privileged access. Courtesy of Centrify and YouTube)
- Centrify Identity Services uses machine learning to assess risk based on constantly evolving user behavior patterns, then assigns a risk score, and enforces an appropriate decision real-time — determining whether the user’s access is granted, requires step-up authentication, or is blocked entirely.
- Potentially compromised accounts are flagged and elevated to IT’s attention — speeding analysis and greatly minimizing the effort required to assess risk across today’s hybrid IT environment.
Centrify is proud to help organizations across a variety of industries to secure their identities in the region.
As the only industry-recognized leader in both Privileged Identity Management and Identity-as-a-Service, Centrify provides a single platform to secure every user’s access to apps and infrastructure in today’s boundaryless hybrid enterprise through the power of identity services.
The company will use GITEX as a platform to demonstrate how its world-class identity and access management solutions help organizations secure their identities and critical data.
“We plan to increase the awareness of our brand and products through presentations and product demonstrations at GITEX,” concluded Mr. Heus.
“Our experts will be available to meet customers and partners and share how Centrify has helped many prestigious organizations globally as well as in the region to modernize their approach to business, adopt new models and take fascinating initiatives with the peace of mind that their identities and critical data are secure.”
Centrify will be exhibiting at Stand D1-1, Hall 1 at GITEX Technology Week 2017.
Senior executives and security experts from the company will be available at the stand to speak with customers and partners and share their global success stories with them.
Centrify at a Glance
Centrify redefines security from a legacy static perimeter-based approach to protecting millions of scattered connections in a boundaryless hybrid enterprise.
As the only industry recognized leader in both Privileged Identity Management and Identity-as-a-Service, Centrify provides a single platform to secure each user’s access to apps and infrastructure through the power of identity services.
This is Next Dimension Security in the Age of Access.
Centrify is enabling over 5,000 customers, including over half the Fortune 50, to defend their organizations.
Centrify a Finalist in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, Centrify is competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Cyber Security Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.
Good luck to Centrify on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
To learn more about Centrify, please visit the company’s website at www.centrify.com.
Also, see Centrify Solutions for Federal Regulatory Compliance
And, Centrify Solutions for Federal Certification and Accreditation
*Centrify polled 153 respondents at GITEX Technology Week 2017 held in Dubai, UAE between 8 and 12 October 2017.