Sharp Electronics, a Proud Sponsor of the ‘ASTORS’ is pleased to announce that the Sharp INTELLOS Automated Unmanned Ground Vehicle (A-UGV) will be on site at 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Luncheon at ISC East.
The Sharp INTELLOS™ A-UGV, a multi-terrain, mobile sensor, intelligence-gathering robot that can capture video, audio and environmental data while providing a visible deterrent–proactively and without the aid of a human driver, is also a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program.
(Sharp’s heritage of best-in-class engineering, high-quality manufacturing and efficient design continues with the Sharp INTELLOS™ Automated Unmanned Ground Vehicle (A-UGV). Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
This breakthrough, autonomous robotic system can enhance outdoor surveillance, security, safety and maintenance inspections.
It utilizes a navigation surveillance platform to patrol predefined routes, extending the property coverage and impact of a traditional security force.
Included are standard information gathering tools, plus optional observation and sensor equipment configurable to meet a customer’s changing safety needs.
(Learn More about Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV “Two-Way Audio Communication” capabilities. Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Robots are well-suited to take on the “3Ds” or “Dirty, Dull and Dangerous” tasks of many jobs.
When it comes to security guards, this robot for security can help liberate the manpower guard force of these “3D” duties and focus their attention on ever-increasing demands to protect people, infrastructure and assets.
The Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV will bridge the gaps that exist in outdoor surveillance, security, safety and maintenance inspection patrols without the requirement of hiring additional personnel or exposing them to undue risks.
Furthermore, it provides a compelling advancement over traditional security technologies and operations through its proactive approach and not strictly reactive response using continuous data streams.
(The programmable, self-directed Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV robotics system represents the next frontier in outdoor security. Watch the automated unmanned ground vehicle carry out a range of missions. Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Five Key Differentiators of Sharp’s Outdoor Security Robot:
- Full life cycle of reliability, availability and serviceability given the 3-year parts and labor warranty, coupled with sales and service support across the entire United States.
- Tested to MIL-STD 810 (Dept of Defense) environmental standards for ruggedized, continuous operation under wide temperature ranges, varied terrain, and adverse weather, such as rain, snow, fog, etc.
- Certified to ISO 13482 Standard (International Organization of Standardization – nonprofit) for safe robotic operation around people.
- Real-time streaming data, passed between onboard video, audio and environmental sensors to the CCAP (Command & Control Software) is safely and securely transmitted and encrypted using a military-grade mesh network for protection against hacking.
- Hot swap, rechargeable and user-replaceable lithium batteries offer quiet (stealth) operation and with no downtime.
(The journey to develop the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV traveled on a path paved with these concepts: Best-in-class. Original. Technology. Reliability. Security. Engineering. Excellence. Innovation. Quality. Responsibility. Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Features that complement and enhance your security infrastructure.
- A visible deterrent on predetermined routes can potentially stop trouble before it occurs.
- Secure, real-time data transmission across a wireless mesh network (with backup public cellular, if available) keeps your onsite command center on top of vehicle position and telemetry as well as video, audio and sensor information.
- Integrated camera system comprehensively captures the guard tour with multiple video technologies.
- Adjustable-height boom stretches to approximately 5’9″, enabling the A-UGV to see into and over objects such as walls and fences.
- Two-way audio communication, standard cameras and available sensors allow security personnel to communicate through the A-UGV without placing themselves in harm’s way.
- Electric drive system powered by two user-replaceable, rechargeable lithium ION battery packs, could provide between four to twelve hours per charge, enabling coverage for 3 full shifts each day.
- Optional sensors help reduce exposure from hazardous conditions. An array of sensors are available to match the monitoring needs of multiple outdoor site applications.
- Multi-terrain front tires provide traction; omnidirectional rear tires feature a revolutionary new design that allows for lateral movement to minimize tire friction and power usage.
(Discover Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV’s best-fit industries! Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Assist in providing a more secure facility, while prioritizing employees’ safety.
This automated robotic guarding system can extend the frequency and coverage of your property’s assets, help to reduce field personnel requirements and mitigate security risks.
- On average, the two batteries’ charge could enable coverage for three full shifts per day, with each charge lasting between four to twelve hours of patrol.
- A standardized comprehensive camera system, including optional thermal imaging.
- This extends the capabilities of the human eye and provides an increased spectrum of visual data to enable real-time decisions by security personnel.
- Audio capabilities, including a siren, voice announcements and two-way communication, enable guards to interact without placing themselves in harm’s way.
- The lighting system includes two LED high-beams and two, forward-facing LED low-beams, enabling broad lighting of fence lines and other objects of interest, while also improving visual image capture in poor ambient light conditions.
- A rear-mounted mast can provide 360° illumination and LED flashing lights as a warning of its presence.
- Available optional sensors can detect outdoor environmental hazards, such as toxic gases, combustibles and oxygen levels, and collect reporting data for compliance, verification and audit, while security personnel remain safely in your command center.
- Multi-tiered safety features, including light detection and ranging (LIDAR), reduce the risk of collision during unattended patrol.
- These and features, such as local and remote manual shut-off controls, meet Comprehensive Circle of Quality and Safety System (CCQSS) and the internationally accepted safety standard of ISO 13482 (International Organization of Standardization) for safe operation around people.
Also Sponsoring the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program is:
Acoustic Technology Inc. (ATI Systems), a Featured Sponsor of the ‘ASTORS’ Awards, will be displaying it’s MassAlert advanced, net-centric software utilizing state-of-the-art technology to provide the most advanced, reliable and secure Mass Notification System (MNS) with a host of notification options.
With its unparalleled user-friendly graphical interface, MassAlert™ enables system operators to instantly alert and inform personnel of what to do before, during and after an emergency or disaster, and also to broadcast daily announcements and signals.
MassAlert® is customized for each client’s specific system and utilizes field unit icons layered onto location maps and building diagrams of the system to provide system overview and real-time status.
Automatic Systems is one of the world leaders of automated physical access control equipment for pedestrian and vehicle entrances.
Secure Control of Pedestrian Access
Designed to allow fast access to authorized individuals, the Automatic Systems pedestrian entry control equipment – secure portals, swinging and retractable obstacle turnstiles, are integrated perfectly within the lobbies of multi-tenant office buildings, at the entrances of financial institutions, registered offices, and even recreation sites.
(See how SmartLane Security Entrance Lanes are ideal for applications requiring secure, bidirectional passage control; where safety and throughput are key. Courtesy of Automatic Systems and YouTube)
Based on industrial experience spanning close to 50 years, Automatic Systems designs and manufactures access control equipment for secure access (building access, boarding control, immigration control, etc.), paid access (public transport systems, highway tolls), secure control of vehicle access & more!
Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Investigative, Surveillance and Detection Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.
Good luck to Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
To learn more about the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV, please visit the company’s website at http://sharpintellos.com.