Crotega System Deters, Disrupts & Delays Active Shooters (Multi-Video)
Crotega, the Platinum Award Winner in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is happy to announce the Interior Threat Suppression System, has been nominated to compete in the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Award Program.
Crotega’s Interior Threat Suppression System is designed to “deter, disrupt & delay” an active shooter or other forms of violence, using a remotely deployed smart system that drenches the perpetrator with a repulsive solution, impairing their ability to enact violence, similar to the way fire sprinklers douse fires.
The Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System can help keep building occupants safe from physical violence brought on by an active shooter.
(Crotega’s Threat Suppression System is the next step in life safety and interior building security. Courtesy of Crotega and YouTube. Posted on Jul 10, 2018.)
The system is a patent-pending rapid-defense, nonviolent solution that can help save lives.
When deployed, the Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System significantly irritates the senses and debilitates attackers, giving in-house responders and law enforcement time to secure the area and control the situation.
The system includes warning decals and signage to help prevent violence from an active shooter before it starts.
This international patent-pending system is the first of its kind, with applications in schools, public buildings, commercial buildings, airport terminals, medical marijuana industry facilities, banks, military facilities, and any other facility at risk of violent perpetrators.
(Crotega Safety Solutions has developed the first-of-its-kind shooter suppression system. Schools, government centers, convenience stores, military recruitment locations, any building with our Interior Threat Suppression System will have an infrastructure tool to Deter, Disrupt, and Delay active shooters. Courtesy of Crotega and YouTube.)
Below, see a deployment test with an 18-year-old high school volunteer at the Crotega Research Center.
The volunteer was given the task of placing items in locations and searching for a $20 bill to determine if deploying the threat suppression system would deter, disrupt, and delay the volunteer from his task.
(Courtesy of Crotega and YouTube.)
Security Solution Overview
Our security solution is concealed in the ceiling in zones within a building, the system is a rapid-defense, nonviolent security solution that can help save lives.
Activated via a system touchscreen, the Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System releases short bursts of water with nontoxic additives from the ceiling on the source of the threat.
It is non-lethal – causing significant irritation to eyes, nose, throat, lungs and skin—virtually immobilizes the perpetrator until in-house responders intervene or law enforcement arrives.
- Concealed in the ceiling in zones within a building
- Rapidly activated via remote control or touchscreen by trained personnel
- Short bursts of water with nontoxic additives spray from the ceiling on the source of the threat
- Virtually immobilizes the perpetrator
- Causes significant irritation to eyes, nose, throat, lungs and skin
- Results in involuntary eye closure, coughing and breathing discomfort
- Has a pungent odor and stings the skin
- Repuls is Patent Pending
- Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System is Patent Pending
Monitoring and Deploying the Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System™
The Crotega user interface consists of one or more POE tethered touchscreen stations located throughout your facility in locations where trained building occupants can quickly respond to an alert.
Each touchscreen is monitored by an employee.
The Crotega touchscreen allows the trained building occupants to monitor and visually recognize the threat and deploy the Crotega system for any single zone or multiple zones.
(See a demonstration of Crotega Touch Screen Controls in Action. Courtesy of Crotega and YouTube.)
The Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System is a closed system.
All control connections are hardwired to protect the system from unwanted wireless access by those who would do harm.
- The touchscreen has a two step authorization process which keep the system from accidentally being deployed.
- Remote, manually operated switches, are also located within each zone.
- The manual switches can be activated if needed, which in-turn notifies the touchscreen stations that an intruder has entered the zone.
- Optional gunshot detection devices alert the system without automatic deployment.
- The deployment of the system can only be done from the touchscreen monitoring station.
- The system will control single or multiple zones and is scalable to control entire facilities.
- Multiple facilities, on the same campus, can be controlled providing high quality secure fiber optic connections are available or could be installed.
(WARNING. Contains Graphic Content. Active shooter incidents can occur anywhere: in board rooms, emergency rooms, malls, county courthouse, airport, and schools. The Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System can save lives. Courtesy of Crotega and YouTube.)
It is a modular & zoned system that sprays a non-toxic, but effective irritant from the ceiling which forces involuntary eye closure and irritates skin, lungs and throat, an invisible seat team in the ceiling.
The effects are only felt when it is in liquid form (not vapor like pepper spray); hence, in-house responders can take down the distracted shooter once the spray stops.
The effects are instantly mitigated once the suspect washes their face with water.
Crotega Competes in 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
AST focuses on Homeland Security and Public Safety Breaking News, the Newest Initiatives and Hottest Technologies in Physical & IT Security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
The 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, Border Security, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Crotega Interior Threat Suppression System will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Intrusion Detection & Prevention Solutions.
To Learn More about the ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, see 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award Winners Honored at ISC East.
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included representatives from:
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Leaders in Private Security