The Chemical Sector Security Summit, cosponsored by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) and the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (SCC), is the signature industry event for chemical security.
The Summit is a unique networking and educational forum for representatives across the chemical and interconnected sectors—including communications, energy, transportation, and water—to learn, share perspectives, and engage in dialogue.
Securing chemicals and chemical infrastructure in a growing and evolving threat environment requires cross collaboration between facility owners/operators, industry, law enforcement, community members, and all levels of government.
(With increasingly sophisticated methods and technologies used to carry out devastating atrocities, this first Global Congress on Chemical Security and Emerging Threats convenes a new community working to counter chemical and explosive terrorism by non-state actors and their access to chemical warfare agents, toxic industrial chemicals, explosive precursors and other emerging chemical materials. Courtesy of Interpol and YouTube. Posted on Nov 29, 2018.)
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 2019 Chemical Sector Security Summit to be held in July 16-18 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
There is no fee to attend this event.
REGISTER here. Receive Summit updates by sending your contact information to ChemicalSummitReg@dhs.gov.
Attend the Chemical Sector Security Summit to network with industry owners/operators and meet key government officials, first responders, and law enforcement.
Engage in face-to-face discussions and share the latest in chemical security best practices.
There is no registration fee.
REGISTER here to attend the Summit.
- When: July 16-18, 2019
- Where: Astor Crown Hotel New Orleans French Quarter (739 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130)
Participating in the Summit provides you the opportunity to:
- Meet individually with key DHS and industry chemical security experts
- Develop public-private partnerships
- Learn about facility risk management to prepare for, respond to, and recover from manmade, cyber, and natural disasters
- Better understand chemical security regulations (including Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) security plans and inspections)
- Gain insight into the roles of state, local, tribal, territorial (SLTT), and Federal agencies
Key Topics for 2019 Include:
- Best practices and lessons learned in chemical security
- The Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Program and other chemical security regulations
- Deep dive into CFATS and other federal regulations
- Current threat environment from a weather and counter intelligence perspective
- Convergence of cyber and physical security in the current threat environment
- Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management
- Explosive precursors
- Industrial Control Systems Vulnerabilities
- Resources from federal stakeholders
- A Risk Management Approach to Theft and Diversion
- Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) concerns
Benefits of Attending
- Obtain a better understanding of chemical security regulations
- Meet key Department of Homeland Security officials
- Discuss and discover best practices for Site Security Plans and Inspections
- Network with other industry partners
Who Should Attend the Summit?
The Summit is designed for chemical and related industry professionals with expertise in:
- Corporate and facility security
- Environment, health, and safety issues
- Transportation and distribution of chemical products