Draganfly Innovations introduces three new purpose built systems to save time and money for operators while improving the quality of mission critical data used within the many industries the company serves.
(Draganfly introduces the development of three of its most advanced products to date, the Draganfly Tango2 long-endurance fixed-wing aircraft, the DraganScout morphing ground-based robot, and the Draganfly Universal Control System (UCS). Courtesy of Draganfly Innovations Inc. and YouTube)
The new handheld Universal Control System (UCS) enables the user to operate the Tango2 fixed-wing, the DraganScout ground-based robot, or any of the Draganflyer multi-rotor platforms, including the Draganflyer Commander quadcopter.
The new UCS can be used with a range of tablets to control a wide range of vehicles from our award winning helicopters, fixed wing systems, and groundbased robot.
Precise control, sophisticated software, and high quality data.
The Tango2 increases commercial use cases by offering long duration flight times and the innovative design allows for lower airspeeds, which translates to lower altitudes and higher resolution.
This high endurance, multi-battery small Unmanned Aerial System (sUAS) is capable of carrying a wide array of payloads and is ideal for:
- Tactical operations
- Search and rescue
- Industrial inspection
- Surveying and mapping, and
- Aerial 3D modeling
Based on the award winning Draganfly Tango first introduced in 2006, the Tango2 for 2017 is larger, more capable, and constructed from composite materials.
The aircraft is a complete, ready-to-fly, multi-mission capable system with interchangeable payloads and fully automated flight.
(See in Action for SAR Night Mission. Courtesy of Draganfly Innovations Inc. and YouTube)
Using a Draganflyer drone equipped with a SureFire searchlight to light up the ground below, for challenging Search and Rescue (SAR) night operations, which are often times more critical, become much more efficient.
Unlike infrared sensors, the bright light can rapidly communicate with the public safety personnel on the ground, identifying a missing person or a subject or interest.
The DraganScout is a unique ground-based robot capable of morphing into different configurations to traverse a wide range of obstacles, including climbing stairs, to perform mission critical jobs.
Draganfly’s patented folding wheel design makes this one of the most versatile robots on the market, allowing it to quickly move into position and then transforms the wheel shape to climb stairs or stand vertically.
The DraganScout is ideal for public safety use, including bomb detection and tactical situations, as well as a variety of industrial inspections.
Universal Control System (UCS)
- Adaptive software suite controls multiple vehicle types (multi-rotor, fixed-wing, ground robot)
- Draganfly-developed mission planning software and mapping system with sophisticated data loggingSecure digital video down-link and recording
- The UCS is integrated with aerial acquisition and 3D Pix4D mapping software
- Ergonomically designed and balanced to accept multiple style tablets, including the Panasonic Toughpad™
- For the first time, Draganfly will offer white label and OEM opportunities on this new universal control system
(The Universal Control System (UCS) from Draganfly Innovations Inc. is used to operate helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, and ground-based robots. Running powerful flight planning and robot control software, it delivers precise control and high quality digital video. Courtesy of Draganfly Innovations Inc. and YouTube)
- The aircraft flies 2 to 3 hours with standard battery packs, 4 to 6 hours with additional batteries, and 14+ hours with solar panel add-ons, and supports a wide range of payloads to deliver exceptional performance
- The aircraft uses Draganfly’s intelligent power management system to not only prolong flight time but to increase the level of operational safety
- The high-performance tandem-wing configuration enables the Tango2 to fly at slower speeds than other fixed-wing aircraft, which supports greater image resolution and precision
- The autopilot system features automated take-off, flight plan execution, and landing with refined fail-safe features
- Launched by catapult, the plane’s high-lift wing design provides both a steep takeoff and steep landing profile, allowing for operations to be performed in areas with short runways and small clearings
- The modular payload bay supports multi-axis stabilized data acquisition options such as high-res EO color, thermal, multi-spectral, LiDAR, hyperspectral, and other customized sensors
- Digital video down-link range of 5km
(The design of the Draganfly Tango2 by Draganfly Innovations Inc. was lifted from the award-winning Draganfly Tango that we designed in 2006. Extensive computer modeling was used in the redesign, featuring a new airfoil, new fuselage, nacelle power plant, and modular payload bay. Courtesy of Draganfly Innovations Inc. and YouTube)
DraganScout Ground-Based Robot
- The patented morphing wheel design and telescopic payload extension boom make this robot multi-mission capable
- Easily switch between configurations to roll, climb, stand, and look under objects, all on uneven surfaces or sloped terrain
- Exceptional endurance and wireless range
- On-board autopilot
- Powerful stabilized color zoom payload with optional infrared lighting or visible spotlight
- Two-way audio
- Secure digital video down-link
(The DraganScout by Draganfly Innovations Inc. is a unique ground-based robot with the ability to morph and adapt to different application or mission needs. The ability to climb stairs, stand vertically, extend a payload to 72″, and tackle the worst terrain. Courtesy of Draganfly Innovations Inc. and YouTube)
“At Draganfly, we focus on continuously innovating in order to maximize the performance with every new product we launch,” said Draganfly’s founder and president, Zenon Dragan.
“We’re incredibly proud of the UCS, Tango2, and DraganScout and how they can work in concert in many different operations and we believe they will further accelerate the already significant growth in commercial use of drones.”
“These products signify Draganfly’s continued leadership in the commercial space,” said Draganfly’s CEO, Cameron Chell, of the announcement.
“Providing our customers the ability to use one controller to operate all of their Draganfly drones creates ease and reduces costs.”
“Further, the addition of the Tango2 fixed-wing and DraganScout ground-based robot rounds out our portfolio by having all aspects of an operation covered.”
“Imagine the benefit of having a fleet of our drones working together to provide solutions with maximum efficiency.”
“For example, envision a public safety operation that requires the ability to generate valuable information safely from the ground with our robot, aerial footage from our hovering quad, and wide, sweeping surveying intelligence from our fixed-wing that can loiter in the air for hours on end never missing any of the action.”
Draganfly is an award-winning, industry-leading manufacturer within the commercial UAV space, serving the public safety, agriculture, industrial inspections, and mapping and surveying markets and revolutionizes the way people do business.