Eagle Eye Networks, has launched its first phase of video analytics, which includes line crossing, intrusion detection, and object counting within the Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS.
This is the first analytics-based release, empowering customers to easily and instantly activate analytics on their cameras without having to install additional hardware or software.
No on-site technicians or system upgrades are needed.
Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS customers can simply enable the analytics from the web dashboard or their mobile app for any camera in their account.
Eagle Eye Analytics will function on any camera that is supported by the Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS – no analytic functions of the camera are required.
Eagle Eye Analytics will even operate with analog cameras.
“Eagle Eye Analytics are a true cloud solution that are available on demand, per camera, instantly activated, and customers are only charged for what they use,” explained Eagle Eye Network’s founder & CEO, Dean Drako.
“Over the next few years, customers will have the option to turn on more sophisticated analytics as Eagle Eye Networks’ cloud-based model leads the physical security industry in making analytics more functional and more accessible.”
The ability to deploy analytics quickly and without upfront hardware or software investment shows the long-term advantages of a cloud-based solution.
Beginning on January 1, 2018, Eagle Eye Analytics will be available to the customer for four to five dollars per camera, per month.
For the remainder of 2017, Eagle Eye customers can utilize these analytics at no cost.
The following analytics are now available:
Line Crossing –
- Detects when an object crosses a virtual line.
- Direction may be specified and notifications may be generated.
- It is useful for receiving notifications when a security boundary (fence, restricted area, one way road) is crossed.
- It is also well suited for monitoring building entrances, loading docks, and parking lots.
- Detects when an object enters a customer defined area.
- Intrusion detection is used to generate a notification when an object enters that forbidden area.
- Counts how many objects cross a line in either directions.
- This can be used for counting cars, people, or other objects.
- Total count per day, per direction, and current delta of the count are maintained and displayed.
Video analytics are a powerful tool for small business owners.
Aaron Diaz, the owner of Gulf Coast Hardware stores in Southwest Florida described his intended use, “Our store is nearly 6,000 square feet with additional outside retail areas and I’m really excited about the ability to receive alerts based on activity in areas I specify.”
“The counting will come in handy for me to gain a better understanding of the number of daily visitors, who may or may not make a purchase.”
No special cameras or equipment are required to utilize Eagle Eye Analytics.
Eagle Eye Analytics work with both analog and IP cameras supported by the Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS.
Businesses do not need to replace their existing cameras to have access to Eagle Eye Analytics.