The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has awarded Elbit Systems of America, a 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program Winner, with a contract to provide an in-fill radar system and tower, to be performed in Texas.
“U.S. Customs and Border Protection will soon have another important capability helping secure our southwest border,” said Raanan Horowitz, CEO and President, Elbit Systems of America.
“This contract allows us to directly support CBP Air and Marine Operations and extend our border security solutions into the air domain.”
Elbit Systems of America, has partnered with C Speed, LLC to incorporate its LightWave Radar technology used for detecting small and low-flying airborne threats in a high clutter environment.
C Speed’s LightWave radar has also been deployed worldwide to mitigate the effects of wind turbine clutter in similar environments.
(See in Action! LightWave is a low cost, S band primary surveillance radar system designed to provide surveillance for low RCS targets in challenging clutter environments. Courtesy of David Colangelo and YouTube)
“C Speed continually incorporates its state-of-the-art technology into its ground-based radar systems and subsystems,” explained David Lysack, President and Chief Executive Officer of C Speed.
“This opportunity allows us to provide new capabilities and enhanced performance for our customers while leveraging our field proven architecture and 25 years of operational experience.”
This program is another example of Elbit Systems of America delivering solutions supporting CBP’s mission to protect U.S. borders.
Separately, the company is the prime contractor and system integrator for the Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT) system, currently deployed along the Arizona border.
Elbit Systems of America furnishes the sensor towers with radar, day/night cameras, and command & control software that correlates sensor information to provide a single operating picture.
Information from the towers is networked into Border Patrol Station Command and Control Centers.
This system increases situational awareness for Border Patrol Agents.
The IFT’s high reliability and proven contractor logistics support provides CBP with 24/7 surveillance coverage.
(Elbit Systems of America’s Integrated Fixed Towers, also know as the Peregrine solution, is designed specifically for protecting families, communities, and Border Patrol Agents, while enhancing security along the US-Mexico border. Courtesy of Elbit and YouTube)
In addition to providing value-added Border Security solutions, the company also provides advanced capabilities for the nation’s military, commercial pilots, sustainment & support solutions, as well as life-saving medical instrumentation technologies.
Panoramic Wide Area Persistent Surveillance Systems
- Elbit Systems GroundEye is a proven solution for providing operational control over wide stretches of terrain in both time and space.
- The capability includes high-resolution video capture, large area footprint recording, and analysis at close and long range.
- The SupervisIR is an infrared Wide Area Persistent Surveillance System (WAPS), which brings unprecedented surveillance and situational awareness capabilities to the user.
- The technology can be installed as part of legacy surveillance systems and networks, and used by border agents in vehicles or on the ground.
Mission-critical Broadband Services for First Responders
- With Widebridge Cloud™ and SmartResponder™, reliable, secure, and P25-compliant smartphones interoperate over LTE with Land Mobile Radio handsets in the field.
- This app-based solution extends situational awareness, first responder safety, and value to served communities.
Man-Portable Unmanned Aerial System
- The VIDAR provides unparalleled utility and reliability to the UAS market.
- The battery-powered small UAS features a universal payload mounting system that enables one aircraft to support multiple vertically mounted payload configurations during any deployment.
- The Da-Vinci vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) is a low altitude, small UAS designed for a wide range of weather and terrain conditions.
- The Da-Vinci features an automatic takeoff and landing capability and autonomous mission ﬂights.
Primrose Wireless Sensor Networks
- Primrose Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) are comprised of miniaturized, spatially distributed and bi-directional remotely monitored sensors.
- Deployed at the ground level, these standalone, self-powered, intelligent nodes cooperatively detect and track the movements of people, vehicles, and other events.
For a quarter of a century Elbit Systems of America has been providing high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets.