Elbit Systems of America, will highlight it’s unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) capabilities at the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International’s XPONENTIAL.
XPONENTIAL will take place May 8-11, 2017 at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center in Dallas, Texas. Elbit Systems of America’s exhibit will be located at booth 2830.
As a global innovator in the use of unmanned aircraft systems, Elbit Systems of America’s parent company, Elbit Systems Ltd., has logged hundreds of thousands of mission flight hours with systems such as the Hermes 450 [TM] and Skylark [TM] I-LE.
(Hermes® 450 is a mature and combat proven UAS with over 300,000 operational flight hours and a class leading safety and reliability record. Courtesy of Elbit Systems and YouTube)
Elbit Systems of America has adapted these units to U.S.-unique operational requirements by incorporating new electronics, sensors, command and control, and mission packages.
The results are low risk, low cost, unmanned systems that are tailored to meet diverse requirements.
(Using a unique gyroscopically stabilized, gimbaled payload and proven flight control algorithms to provide automatic tracking of dynamic targets, the Skylark quickly transmits information back to the soldiers on the ground. Equipped with a Micro Designator Marker (MDM) laser, the system can precisely designate targets allowing ground forces to respond with laser guided munitions fired from Elbit’s mobile 120 mm mortar system. Courtesy of Elbit Systems and YouTube)
“Elbit Systems is a proven global leader in advancing UAS technology and innovative applications,” said Raanan Horowitz, president and CEO of Elbit Systems of America.
“We continue to demonstrate the extensive UAS capabilities our company has to offer across a broad range of applications, including emerging commercial applications such as precision agriculture and storm damage assessment of power lines.”
UAS capabilities and solutions being highlighted at XPONENTIAL include:
Versatility in a Small Package
- The Vidar is a small, fixed-wing UAS.
- It features a universal payload mounting system that supports multiple types of vertically-mounted payloads during any deployment.
- Designed to be waterproof and durable, Vidar offers a small logistical footprint when launched by hand or by pneumatic launcher.
- Landings feature a low altitude deep-stall maneuver followed by the deployment of landing gear prior to touchdown.
Advanced Aerial Observation
- Designed for commercial and military applications, the THOR and NOX are multi-rotor UAS with vertical take-off and landing capabilities.
- These unique UAS allow for quick deployment and advanced aerial observation.
- Equipped with advanced sensors and high resolution cameras, our Large Scale UAS are capable of covering large areas at high scan rates, providing timely high resolution crop data from a high altitude.
- The large UAS is also capable of long endurance flights.
- In collaboration with our partners, Elbit Systems of America works with farmers to gather and analyze data to improve crop management, efficiency and yield.
- Elbit Systems of America also collaborates with other end-users and partners to provide capabilities for other commercial applications.
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets.