Robber Believed Responsible for Three Bank Robberies
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Violent Crimes Task Force (VCTF) are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the individual responsible for the following three bank robberies in San Diego County.
Based on similar characteristics and circumstances surrounding the robberies, VCTF investigators have dubbed the three unsolved bank robberies as the “Skinny Bandit” bank robbery series.
Skinny Bandit Bank Robbery Series Includes:
#1: U.S. Bank Robbery:
- On June 9, 2018, at approximately 10:44 a.m., the U.S. Bank, located at 9400 Mira Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, California, was robbed by a lone male.
- The robber entered the bank and passed a note to the teller demanding money. The note also threatened to shoot the teller.
- The teller complied with the robber’s demand and the robber departed the bank on foot with a sum of cash.
- During the robbery, the male wore a dark gray jacket, dark colored long sleeved shirt, long pants, a black baseball cap, and sunglasses.
- Immediately after departing the bank, the robber entered a nearby fast food restaurant where he changed clothes.
- After the clothing change, surveillance cameras captured the robber wearing a white T-shirt and light gray shorts.
- Furthermore, he was no longer wearing the black hat and sunglasses.
#2: Chase Bank Robbery,
- On June 12, 2018, at approximately 3:55 p.m., the robber entered the Chase Bank located at 1467 Main Street, Ramona, California.
- The robber approached the teller and passed a note demanding money.
- The note also threatened to shoot the teller and customers in the bank.
- The teller provided the robber with a sum of money and the robber fled the bank.
- The robber was wearing a black hat, dark colored long sleeved shirt, and long pants.
- The robber was wearing sunglasses and held a bandana over the lower half of his face.
#3: Bank of America Attempted Robbery
- On June 14, 2018, at approximately 12:20 p.m., the Robber entered the Bank of America located at 1407 Main Street, Ramona, California and was made to wait behind other customers in line.
- The robber appeared to become nervous and subsequently fled the bank.
- During this attempted robbery, the robber wore a black baseball hat, dark colored long sleeved shirt, and dark pants.
- Again, the robber wore sunglasses and held a bandana over the lower half of his face.
The FBI’s Description of “Skinny Bandit” is as follow:
- Sex: Male
- Race: Black
- Complexion Light Skinned
- Age: Mid 20s to 30s
- Weight: 140-170 pounds
- Height: 6’0” – 6’6” tall
- Build: “Skinny” / Slender
Weapon: Threatened but not seen during the robbery