FLIR Systems, two-time Winner of the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, as well as four-time Winner of the 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Program, is highlighting the FLIR identiFINDER® R440, the latest addition to its identiFINDER R-Series handheld radiation detection product line.
The FLIR identiFINDER R440 provides users one hand operability, rapid detection, and highly accurate identification during survey missions and secondary screening operations.
Weighing less than 1.5 kilograms, the FLIR identiFINDER R440 is the industry’s smallest and lightest radioisotope identification device (RIID) with a 2-inch by 2-inch sodium iodide (NaI) detector.
FLIR Stepped Up, So You Can Step Back – to Keep Your Personnel and the Community Safe
With 3.5 times more sensitivity than similarly-sized RIIDs, responders can detect radiation from farther distances and behind heavier shielding.
(The FLIR identiFINDER R440 is a lightweight, sourceless radioisotope identification device (RIID) that can be operated with one hand and is IP67-rated to survive tough missions. Courtesy of FLIR Systems and YouTube)
HIGHLY SENSITIVE 2X2 NAI DETECTOR
- Detects radiological threats from farther away, behind heavier shielding, and with better resolution than similarly sized RIDs.
- Drop-tested to 1m, completely enclosed crystal, and IP67-rated enclosure that protects against dust and water immersion up to 1m.
STATE-OF-THE-ART USER FEATURES
- 360° EasyFinder Mode pinpoints and instructs operator on exact location of radiation source to keep responders and the community safe.
Delivering 10 percent better resolution than other products in the category, the FLIR identiFINDER R440 provides greater accuracy with fewer false alarms.
Due to its extended energy range, the identiFINDER R440 detects gamma radiation and can indicate the presence of neutrons found in special nuclear materials.
With over 20,000 FLIR identiFINDER series products deployed globally, the familiar user interface and easy-to-read data of the FLIR identiFINDER R440 allows for quick integration with existing operational protocols to reduce training time and costs.
The device has built-in wireless communications and features a new 360-degree EasyFinder™ mode that pinpoints and instructs the operator to the exact location of a radiation source.
The FLIR identiFINDER R440 meets the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) N42.34 standard, has been drop-tested up to one meter, and is the industry’s only IP67-rated RIID, which means it can withstand rain, splashing, and accidental submersion. “The new level of sensitivity and resolution of the FLIR identiFINDER R440 provides the ability to perform quick situational assessment during radiological emergencies,” said Jim Cannon, President and CEO of FLIR.
“Its compact size enables responders to use it with one hand, making the FLIR identiFINDER R440 a practical product for their mission.”
FLIR identiFINDER R440 KEY FEATURES
2×2 NaI DETECTOR
- 3.5x more sensitive than other general all-purpose RIIDs and provides up to 10% better resolution; extended energy range provides neutron indication.
- Automated stabilization improves data collection and reduces false positives to expedite decision-making in the field.
- Protected from total dust ingress and water immersion up to 1 meter in depth for up to 30 minutes (rain, splashing and accidental submersion).
- Drop-tested to 1 meter and built to survive rigorous missions, with completely enclosed crystal. Fully meets the ANSI N42.34 standard.
360° EASYFINDER MODE
- Collects and interprets data, then pinpoints the exact location of source for user so they can easily navigate and respond to threats.
- Built-in feature enhances interagency standardization and improves response options. Standardized file format meets ANSI N42.42 standard.
The FLIR identiFINDER R440 will be available globally in the first quarter of 2018.
FLIR Wins Platinum in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
AST focuses on Homeland Security and Public Safety Breaking News, the Newest Initiatives and Hottest Technologies in Physical & IT Security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
The Annual ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, Border Security, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
To Learn More about the ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, see 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award Winners Honored at ISC East.
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Leaders in Private Security
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards at https://americansecuritytoday.com/ast-awards/.
American Security Today will be holding the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon to honor Nominees, Finalists and Winner in November 2018, in New York City.
Click here to learn more about the New FLIR identiFINDER R440, and to view FLIR’s complete line of security solutions, visit www.flir.com/security.
For ‘ASTORS’ Sponsorship Opportunities and More Information on the AST 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, please contact Michael Madsen, AST Publisher at: email@example.com or call 732.233.8119 (mobile) or 646-450-6027 (office).