FLIR Systems, who was recognized with a record total of Four Product Category Wins in the 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards, launches new third generation FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE Pro thermal imaging cameras.
Powered by FLIR’s Lepton thermal microcamera core, the FLIR ONE builds upon a legacy of enabling thermal imaging on smartphones.
The latest FLIR ONE is FLIR’s most affordable smartphone thermal camera while the first edition FLIR ONE Pro is the most advanced FLIR ONE to date.
(Learn how to get started with the FLIR ONE, the thermal imaging camera for smartphones and tablets! Courtesy of FLIR Systems and YouTube)
New Features Like its predecessors, both new FLIR ONEs come equipped with a thermal and a high-definition visible camera.
Using FLIR’s patented multispectral dynamic imaging (MSX(R)) technology, both FLIR ONE models emboss high-fidelity, visible-light details onto the thermal imagery to dramatically improve image quality.
- OneFit adjustable connector enables the connection to be adjusted up to four millimeters to accommodate a variety of smartphone cases without the need to remove the case.
- This patent pending feature is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Improved FLIR ONE App that now features in-app tips for problem solving, use cases, and a community for sharing images and videos.
- Smartwatch compatibility with the Apple Watch and select Android smartwatches, providing the ability to stream live thermal imagery to see around corners and take images or video from your smartwatch.
FLIR ONE Pro
- The all-new FLIR ONE Pro, designed for professionals and consumers alike, is the most advanced FLIR ONE ever created.
- With a distinctive ruggedized design that is drop tested to 1.8 meters, the FLIR ONE Pro is made to withstand work and outdoor environments.
- Combining FLIR’s MSX with FLIR’s video signal processing technology, VividIR, the FLIR ONE Pro delivers the highest thermal image quality and clarity of all FLIR ONE generations.
- It also offers exclusive, advanced FLIR ONE App features, including multiple spot temperature meters and selectable onscreen temperature tracking regions.
“Our goal with the third generation FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE Pro is to equip more consumers and professionals alike with the ability to experience the power of thermal imaging and the world’s sixth sense,” said Andy Teich, President and CEO of FLIR Systems.
“With continued research and development, we’ve combined the functionality of previous versions with greater affordability to provide a thermal camera accessory at just $199.99.
Meanwhile, we have also created the more powerful FLIR ONE Pro for those who require more functionality and image clarity either at home, at play, or on the jobsite.”
(Cal Loo, FLIR ONE Developer Program Manager gives us a quick update on the program, as well as news around the SDK for the third generation FLIR ONE. Courtesy of FLIR Systems and YouTube)
FLIR ONE, with an MSRP of $199.99, and FLIR ONE Pro, with an MSRP of $399.99, are available for pre-order worldwide today for either iOS or Android (USB-C) at www.flir.com/flirone.
FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE Pro, including a Micro-USB version for Android devices, will be available at established FLIR partners worldwide this summer.