FLIR Systems, Two-Time Winner in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is introducing the new Saros™ line of security cameras, FLIR’s next-generation outdoor security product line that combines multiple traditional perimeter protection technologies into a unified solution.
THE SAROS ADVANTAGE
Commercial customers have few outdoor security options. Traditional perimeter systems are too costly, both in initial deployment, and ongoing costs from false alarms.
Saros addresses these issues by reducing the amount of equipment required, and using advanced analytics to reduce false alarms.
Saros utilizes four technologies to deliver accurate, actionable alerts – regardless of unfavorable lighting or weather conditions – and provides verified alarm data for police and first responders.
The result is a shortened response time, saving companies from loss of equipment, merchandise, or interruptions in business, designed to deliver accurate, actionable alerts and verified alarm data.
By implementing Saros, security professionals gain a solution that:
- Delivers 24-hour monitoring
- Reduces false alarms with accurate target detection and classification
- Provides visual identification of intruders
- Provides verified alarm clips for police dispatch
- Enables real-time audio response
- Deters intruders with white light illumination
- Integrates with leading central monitoring platforms and video management systems
- Delivers a return on investment in just a few months for high risk areaS
The FLIR Saros camera line enables commercial businesses to implement state-of-the-art outdoor intrusion detection in a cost-effective manner.
Traditional perimeter security systems can require substantial investment, both in infrastructure and in ongoing expenses stemming from false alarms.
FLIR Saros, not only greatly reduces the cost of initial deployment by minimizing the amount of equipment required, but also reduces false positives with built-in advanced analytics, expanding the outdoor perimeter protection market for security alarm monitoring companies.
A single FLIR Saros unit combines numerous security technologies, including:
- Multiple FLIR Lepton® thermal sensors
- Provides the ability to deliver wide-area monitoring regardless of unfavorable lighting or weather conditions
- High-definition optical cameras
- Option of 1080p or 4K resolution to realize accurate visual identification of intruders
- IR and visible LED illuminators
- Ability to deter intruders with white light illumination
- Advanced onboard analytics
- Accurate target detection and classification, to help reduce false alarms
- 2-way audio and digital input/outputs
Enables real-time audio response
WIDE AREA COVERAGE
Saros provides wide-area monitoring coverage, reducing the number of devices needed to safeguard a property.
Easy to set up and mount, Saros installs quickly, minimizes infrastructure expenses, and increases deployment efficiency.
COMMON APPLICATIONS INCLUDE
Saros provides reliable detection of intruders for applications where there is significant outdoor area and perimeter risk.
Some examples include:
- Auto Dealerships and Storage Facilities
- Power and Gas Utility Substations
- Bridges, Airports, and Critical Infrastructure Sites
- Construction Sites and Construction Supply Locations
- Farming and Agricultural Facilities
- Generators, HVAC Units, Storage Tanks, and Similar Exterior Equipment
- Sports / Recreation Fields, City Parks, Public Spaces
- Marinas and Boatyards
- Self-Storage / RV Storage Facilities
(Learn More about FLIR thermal security cameras capabilities and why they are better than low-light illuminated cameras. In this instance highlighting home security, but likewise applicable to all commercial business applications. Courtesy of FLIR and YouTube)
Additionally, the FLIR Saros platform was designed and engineered with today’s cybersecurity risks in mind, with end-to-end encryption for setup, web, and video streams, and configuration lockdown after initial setup for increased tamper prevention.
FLIR Saros also eliminates the need for port-forwarding, so devices are less exposed to remote security attacks.
“FLIR Saros, equipped with multiple FLIR Leptons, represents a new security paradigm for wide-area commercial locations that face the threat of loss,” said James Cannon, President and CEO of FLIR.
“FLIR Saros products open new business opportunities for both central monitoring stations and security integrators looking to distinguish themselves in the industry.”
“The Saros family is an important addition to FLIR’s security portfolio and supports our goal of innovating technologies that increase perception and awareness to support professionals in decision-making that saves lives and livelihoods.”
Initial FLIR Saros models – in both dome and multi-imager form factors – will begin shipping in North America and Europe in the third quarter of 2018 through FLIR’s established network of dealers and integrators.
FLIR Takes Two in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
- Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- FLIR Griffin G510 Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS)
- Best CBRNE Detection System
- *A 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- Gold ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- FLIR PRIMED Online CBRNE Training Video Series
- Best Homeland Security Education
- *A 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Leaders in Private Security
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards at https://americansecuritytoday.com/ast-awards/.
American Security Today will be holding the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon to honor Nominees, Finalists and Winners in November 2018, in New York City.
FLIR Systems is a world-leading maker of sensor systems that enhance perception and heighten awareness, helping to save lives, improve productivity, and protect the environment.
To Learn More about FLIR Saros, visit www.flir.com/saros (United States) and www.flir.eu/saros (Europe), or visit the company website to view their extensive line of product solutions at https://www.flir.com/.
For ‘ASTORS’ Sponsorship Opportunities and More Information on the AST 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, please contact Michael Madsen, AST Publisher at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732.233.8119 (mobile) or 646-450-6027 (office).