The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has selected AMAG Technology and its Symmetry Homeland Access Control System to secure its headquarter building, Office of the Executive Director.
AMAG Technology is a security solution provider specializing in access control, intrusion detection, video management, policy-based identity solutions and visitor management.
Symmetry helps the FTC meet HSPD-12 which calls for a mandatory, government-wide standard for secure and reliable forms of identification issued by the federal government, and the Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201 (FIPS 201) which specifies PIV requirements for Federal employees and contractors.
(An introduction to the leading edge AMAG Technology access control and video management platform – Symmetry. Courtesy of Symmetry Resources and YouTube)
The FTC plans to install the Symmetry Access Control system in all 13 offices throughout Washington DC and surrounding area.
The Federal Trade Commission is a 100 year old bipartisan federal agency with a mission to protect American consumers and promote competition.
It protects consumers by ending unfair or fraudulent practices in the marketplace, and promotes competition by ensuring open and free markets, monitoring business practices, and keeping prices low and the quality and choice of goods and services high.
The Symmetry Homeland version of Security Management Software is designed to provide powerful integrated Access Control and security management solutions for those users taking advantage of Federal smart card standards such as FIPS 201, CAC, PIV, TWIC and FRAC as well as 128 bit credential number matching for UUID & FASC-N.
The feature rich access control software allows business to start small and grow as their needs grow. There is no limit to the size of a Symmetry system. Symmetry will integrate with a video management system to deliver the FTC a comprehensive security management system.
- Single-server Access Control and Security Management System scalable to multiple servers
- Competitively priced to support installations from medium to very large
- Unlimited client PCs, card readers and card holders
- Microsoft SQL Server Database technology
- Employs the very latest thinking in user interface design
- Fully LAN and WAN compatible using minimal bandwidth
- Supports redundant clustered servers and virtualization
- 128 bit credential number matching
- Symmetry Video Management software as standard
- Visitor Management software as standard Comprehensive alarm handling features
- SCIF Intrusion system built into Symmetry controllers
- Threat Level Manager
- Options to control Video Management Systems, Network Video Recorders, intercom systems, alarm panels, and more
- Workflow Designer module available Open architecture with various integration options Database and application separation for data centers
- Additive advance access rights Single sign-on option for authentication to Microsoft Active Directory
- DIACAP and DIARMF approved installations
- FICAM Approved (see relevant card reader datasheets)
Symmetry’s flexible, cost effective access control software is the perfect choice for organizations of any size.