In these times it is irresponsible to believe that in times of danger emergency services will be obtainable, timely and equipped to provide rescue from multi-story buildings.
Ninety-nine percent of the world’s fire ladder trucks cannot reach above the 7th floor.
(High Rise Escape has been featured in a Discovery Channel 9/11 Anniversary Special. Courtesy of the company and YouTube)
The Guardian Escape System provide simple, reliable and inexpensive solutions for self-evacuation and rescue so that people can truly plan two ways out.
Step by Step – How it Works
The Guardian Escape System accomplishes this by using a combination of several simple, low-tech devices.
They require no power, are inexpensive, have a long shelf-life and are easy to use.
They have developed permanent and portable Escape Systems to attach to a structure.
Each System incorporates a Controlled Descent Device, commonly referred to as a “CDD” which works like a pulley.
In operation, a user slides an Escape Harness over them, climbs over their balcony or out a window and the CDD slowly lowers them automatically at the rate of 3 feet per second.
This speed can be compared to a slow elevator.
As they descend, the opposite end of the cable automatically retracts and reloads the CDD for the next evacuee.
Then the process repeats. Everyone gets out.
Escape Harnesses are permanently attached at each end of the cable and full fire resistant Evacuation Suits are available.
Each CDD incorporates a poly-steel cable with a neoprene inner lining and braided polyester jacket to protect it against abrasion, moisture and heat.
Cable lengths are currently available up to 1000 feet (305 meters) or about 100 floors.
Other options are available for locations exceeding these heights.
(See in Action, courtesy of High Rise Escape Systems and YouTube)
High Rise Escape has also developed fire resistant Evacuation Suits for use with the CDD.
Designed with senior citizens, mobility impaired and the disabled communities in mind, these suits are simple to put on and simple to put on others.
These are designed to mitigate means of egress for anyone living or working above the 2nd floor, including:
- Government Buildings
- Disabled Individuals
- Nursing Homes
- Air Traffic Control Towers
- Apartments, Condominiums & Hotels
- Industrial Job Sites,
- Theme Parks
- Cranes, Oil Platforms, and Ships.
The United States Military has been utilizing the Guardian Escape Systems on Air Traffic Control Towers such as Edwards AFB, Tinker AFB, Maxwell AFB and Patrick AFB as well as Army and Air National Guard installations such as Alpena CRTC and Grayling Air Gunnery Range.
Together with your support we are proud to protect those who protect us all!
They were also challenged by The Weather Channel’s “Weather Proof” to test the Guardian Escape System in front of a national audience. We were proud to be featured on the season premiere and received a big “two thumbs up”!
High Rise Escape Systems current qualifications include:
- National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Textbook example of Supplemental Evacuation Equipment – Life Safety Code Handbook 2015-2017 Edition pages 1216, 1217 (three pictures total)
- The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has approved our products for their Tailored Logistics Support Program (TLS) to support our warfighters
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security / Safety Act – Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology designation in 2007 to Present
- NFPA Building & Life Safety Code / Means of Egress Section – Technical Committee Appointee 2007 to Present
- Government Security News (GSN) 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Winners of The Homeland Security Award for “Best Clean Up, Decontamination, Disaster Preparedness or Recovery Product”
- Department of Homeland Security/Responder Knowledge Base – Registered Participant
- Safe Evacuation Coalition – Founder & Member Est. 2006
- International Counter-Terrorism Officers Association Member
- ASTM E2484 Multi-Story Building External Evacuation Controlled Descent Devices–Member/Participant
(See More, courtesy of High Rise Escape Systems and YouTube)
Guardian Escape System in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Guardian Escape System will be competing against the industries leading providers of innovative Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Recovery Systems.
Good luck to the Guardian Escape System on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
To learn more about the Guardian Escape System and view their full brochure of products, please visit http://www.highriseescapesystems.com/.