Haines Physical Security Engineering Training and Certification Program has been nominated in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award competition.
Haines Security Solutions is unique within the security industry in providing classes which focus on developing mitigation strategies with an emphasis on antiterrorism and the building design process.
At HSS we’ve recognized that the security industry is horizontal and not vertical in its approach to achieving effective solutions, for this reason we concentrate and encourage interdisciplinary discussions between students from the architectural, emergency management, engineering, facility management, planning and security professions.
Workshops are presented in 1, 2 and 3-day formats and are conducted in a methodical and sequential order as each course builds on the information developed in a previous course.
Although students may attend a workshop on a singular basis and still gain valuable and useful information, the student will receive the greatest benefit when the workshops are taken in the order presented.
Training Sessions Include:
- Designing Secure Buildings: Integrating Security Technologies
- Access Control Concepts and Entry Control Facility (ECF) Design
- Planning Electronic Security Systems (ESS) for Buildings and Compounds
- ICD-705 Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) Design & Construction
- UFC – Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for DOD Buildings
- Security Criteria Development: Exceeding DHS Guidelines
- Vulnerability Assessment and Risk Analysis Methodologies
- Drills and Exercise Planning and Development
- Behavior, Learning, Assertive, Contact, Knowledge (B.L.A.C.K.)
- Simulated Crisis Management Response Tool (SCMaRT)
- Protecting Personal Information in the Digital Age
- Security Lighting: Influencing Positive Behavior
- Inhabited Space: Creating Crime Free Zones
- UFC-Minimum Antiterrorism Standards for DOD Buildings
- Safe Room & Shelter Design and Engineering
- Protecting Personal Information (PII) in the Digital Age
- Security Concepts for Decision Makers
- IT Sustainability and Disaster Recovery
- Using Building Design to Hinder Acts of Terrorism
Additional Offerings Include, but are Not Limited to:
- Active Shooter Mitigation and Response Training (Antiterrorism Skills for Employees)
- Terrorism Against the United States – Why it Works
- Travel Security – Conscientiousness without the Paranoia
- Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) Design and Construction
- Vulnerability Assessment and Risk Analysis Methodologies
- Protecting People, Facilities and Information
- Design Secure Buildings: Integrating Security Technologies
- Designing Electronic Security Systems for Buildings and Compounds
- Senior Citizen Security Awareness
- Women’s Empowerment Training
In addition to concentrating on all relevant regulatory requirements, the experienced instructors give the latest information about what is happening within the security engineering industry and “lessons learned” by citing actual projects the instructors have worked on.
Students are also allowed to bring “projects” they are working on for peer review and analysis by the instructors.
Additionally, HSS provides certification and designation based on a combination of academic studies, public speaking engagements or published materials.
Applicants can earn credits for studies completed, for instance military experience, if comparable to courses offered by HSS. Similar to transferable college courses.
There are three tiers of designation:
- Physical Security Engineer (academic studies only)
- Senior (additional academics, speaking and publication), and
- Master (additional academics, national or international speaking and published works)
(Learn More about Haines Physical Security Engineering Training and Certification Programs. Courtesy of Haines Security and YouTube)
Security Engineering Training Program Goals Include:
- To provide a basic understanding of design principles which include the integration of security countermeasures in the design process
- To provide training in a variety of security disciplines that focus on the fundamentals of
- Security engineering design, and
- Which ultimately leads to the deterrence and prevention of criminal activity, and
- The reduction of the effects of a terrorist act at inhabited facilities and critical infrastructure
Security Engineering Certification Program Goals Include:
- To certify that personnel are capable of applying the philosophies and principles they have learned when developing plans for the renovation of existing facilities or when designing new ones
- Incorporating sound and robust security principles in creating a “culture of security” in the student’s business model
To provide a method of recognition within the industry that designates a person as having achieved a certain level of subject matter expertise
Haines Security Solutions at a Glance
Doug Haines, owner of Haines Security Solutions (HSS), LLC, is a United States Air Force veteran with over 45 years of law enforcement and security related experience, which includes teaching building design principles to architects, engineers, facility managers, planners, and security professionals.
HSS specializes in conducting quantitative risk and vulnerability assessments of federal, state and local facilities worldwide and other security related consulting services.
HSS also develops security criteria, conducts entry control point and security forces manpower studies, drinking water systems and critical energy infrastructure risk/vulnerability assessments, and develops, plans and conducts table-top and full scale antiterrorism, force-on-force, emergency response and disaster preparedness exercises.
HSS has been Awarded ‘Certificate of Recognition for Subject Matter Expertise in Building Design’ by the U.S. Army
(Learn More about Haines Security Solutions capabilities. Courtesy of Haines Security and YouTube)
Haines Security Solutions in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Haines Security Solutions will be competing against the industries leading providers of Homeland Security Education Programs.
2017 ‘ASTORS’ Winners will be honored at the ‘American Security Expo 2017’ to be held November 8-9, 2017, in the Meadowlands Exposition Center, at the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Luncheon which will take place the afternoon of November 8, 2017.
The full two-day conference & exhibit venue in the New York City area, will include a full schedule of conference meetings and speakers – plus an Unmanned Security, Robotics & Drone Exhibition Arena, Hiring Event & Education Opportunities.
Good luck to Haines Security on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!