HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, is pleased to announce that the HID PIV (Personal Identity Verification) has been nominated to compete in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program.
HID Global is the first to enable an end-to-end identity access management solution across both physical and IT resources.
HID PIV enables government agencies and other organizations requiring higher security to use a single credential for accessing doors, IT systems, networks and data.
The HID PIV (Personal Identity Verification) solutions span the full range of identity proofing and lifecycle management capabilities to establish, create, use, and manage a secure credential with a simplified path to compliance.
Government and regulated industries see security mandates and regulations tightening as the reporting of breaches increase.
Unfortunately, the technology to address these issues can sometimes require products from up to 12 different vendors.
Organizations that want to secure access to their premises, applications and networks run into significant challenges:
- Passwords are insecure and costly to manage
- Physical and IT access are often silo’ed
- Users’ digital identities are often not offboarded when leaving the organization
- Organizations typically have multiple user populations with different needs
The HID PIV (Personal Identity Verification) solution addresses all those challenges by leveraging the same government-strength security solution that has already been deployed to more than seven million people across the world.
(See how HID PIV and IdenTrust certificates allow users to easily and securely access networks, buildings, printers without using the same insecure password. Courtesy of HID Global and YouTube)
Organizations benefit from the ecosystem created by this large footprint, with many applications, operating systems, and devices natively supporting PIV credentials.
HID PIV Solutions Deliver:
Comprehensive Security and Trust
- HID PIV leverages the established strength of this existing standard and extends it to systems, networks, and applications resulting in a better security position for your organization.
Simplified User Experience
- By incorporating more capabilities into a single smart card or USB, users have fewer credentials to remember or manage in order to get access to what they need to do their jobs, and are less likely to circumvent your controls.
Easier Deployment and Management
- The components of HID PIV are designed to work seamlessly together, so it is faster to get up and running, and easier to manage over time.
A Complete System
- HID PIV Enterprise encapsulates the entire PIV management process from establishing identity, to credential creation and issuance, synchronization of connected systems, and credential revocation.
HID PIV How it Works
HID PIV (Personal Identity Verification) delivers an integrated solution for standards-compliant identity and credential management.
The components are designed to support each other, so you can deploy our solution faster, and enjoy a simplified management experience going forward.
Organizations are now able to unify physical and IT security systems to create a far more seamless experience for users, while also offering strong authentication applying trusted credential and other advanced security capabilities that are easier to procure, deploy and maintain.
This one of a kind solution provides governments and regulated industries an easy to deploy, multi-factor authentication solution.
It secures access to networks, cloud applications and facilities to prevent breaches and achieve compliance with PIV, PIV-I, NIST Level of Assurance 4 (LoA4) and equivalent mandates, policies and guidelines.
(See how HID PIV Enterprise and Express solutions delivers an integrated authentication solution for standards-compliant identity and credential management. The components are designed to support each other, so you can deploy our solution faster, and enjoy a simplified management experience going forward. Courtesy of HID Global and YouTube)
HID PIV Enterprise also includes the company’s Quantum Secure SAFE platform, a Physical Identity and Access Management (PIAM) software solution that provides the bridge between physical and IT security systems.
The SAFE Platform augments HID PIV Enterprise with a variety of convenient, unified access control capabilities that deliver a more comprehensive view across otherwise disparate physical access control and visitor, tenant and contractor management systems, while also providing valuable reporting and predictive risk analytics capabilities.
(See this short video to get a general understanding of SAFE and its capabilities. Courtesy of Quantum Secure and YouTube)
- HID PIV delivers a streamlined process for identity establishment with an integrated IDMS system that works with popular authoritative sources, captures state/national ID, collects and stores biometric data, connects to external background check systems, and provides an adjudicator for final review.
- Once the identity is verified, HID PIV facilitates the issuance of the credential, and then leverages a Credential Management System for on-going management – including PIN unlock, updates, and credential replacement and/or termination.
- When the credential is a card, it can be used for physical access to the organization premises, including the ability to require step-up challenges. In the Enterprise version, HID PIV can also automatically provision and de-provision user access to the organization’s physical access systems.
IT System Access
The same PIV credential can be used to authenticate to many IT applications, including Microsoft Windows Active Directory, most VPN products, web sites, cloud applications.
Advanced Use Cases
- The credential can also be used to digitally sign emails or documents, decrypt emails or files, deliver full disk encryption and boot protection, protect print jobs with secure printing and many other functions.
Optional pre-integrated components
- HID can also supply additional compatible components such as trusted CA, PKI validation, card printer, card reader, card, and PACS reader.
For maximum ease of procurement, deployment and maintenance, customers can take advantage of the full HID solution or leverage existing third party components to maximize existing investments.
The HID PIV solution helps organizations improve their security posture, comply with mandates, improve the user experience and is easier to procure, deploy and maintain.
HID PIV (Personal Identity Verification) is a multi-factor authentication solution that covers the complete lifecycle of the identity: from identity proofing, secure credential issuance, IT systems and physical/facility access, and retirement of the trusted secure credential.
The technology delivers an integrated solution for standards-compliant identity and credential management.
The components are designed to support each other, so organizations can deploy the solution faster, and enjoy a simplified management experience going forward.
HID Global in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, HID PIV will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Integrated Security Management Systems.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.