Lenel, a global leader in advanced security systems, is pleased to announce the OnGuard 7.4 security management platform has been nominated to compete in the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program.
OnGuard Version 7.4 delivers a fully browser-based experience to many users.
With both alarm and cardholder management available through web browsers, OnGuard users will be able to access the platform using a computer, laptop, or tablet.
The new OnGuard Monitor client provides installation-free alarm monitoring and management, allowing on-the-go viewing and acknowledging of alarms, and control of Lenel access control hardware.
The OnGuard Credentials cardholder management client has been enhanced so that it better supports segmentation, allows active directory links to be created, facilitates the printing of lists, and saves searches and preferences.
OnGuard version 7.4 has also been validated by Lenel for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) deployment in Microsoft® Azure®, meaning little or no on-site software installation will be required for simpler applications.
OnGuard version 7.4 enables more than 1 million cardholder records on the LNL-4420 intelligent controller.
OnGuard Goes Cloud and Browser-based with Version 7.4
The OnGuard 7.4 security-management platform, can be deployed in the cloud and accessed through a web browser on a mobile device or computer.
OnGuard version 7.4 combines ease of use, mobility and simple upgrades.
When deployed under an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) model, this latest version can reduce or eliminate the need for onsite OnGuard server hardware along with the need for multiple software installations and updates.
OnGuard version 7.4 provides more choices than ever as end-user demand for cloud deployment with desktop and mobile access to enterprise security continues to grow significantly.
This version is the culmination of years of behind-the-scenes work to deliver a re-imagined OnGuard platform that is cloud deployable and can be used on a daily basis without client software installation.
Two new OnGuard version 7.4 browser-based client applications make it easier for users to manage their systems.
OnGuard Monitor provides alarm-management capabilities and OnGuard Access Manager provides access-rights management to area managers.
Improvements to the OnGuard Credentials client and OnGuard Cardholder Self Service module further expand the range of OnGuard tasks that can be completed through a web browser, including the ability for anyone in the enterprise to schedule visitors or change their own PIN number.
New Lenel Series 3 door controllers support FICAM-approved authentication of FIPS-201 U.S. government credentials and encrypted communication to readers supporting the OSDP™ Secure Channel protocol and other authentication solutions.
FICAM is a set of security disciplines designed to ensure federal systems and facilities are being used by the right person, at the right time, for the right reason.
OnGuard version 7.4 also enables more than 1 million cardholder records on the LNL-4420 intelligent controller.
Lenel has also significantly extended wireless lock support in OnGuard version 7.4.
In addition to supporting Schlage NDE/LE series of Bluetooth®-enabled locks, support for the Assa Abloy Aperio technology has also been enhanced.
These enhancements reaffirm Lenel’s commitment to customer choice, while increasing OnGuard’s value in both wired and wireless access control.
“Lenel is committed to helping secure the federal government segment,” said Ryan Kaltenbaugh, vice president, federal government solutions, Lenel.
“Our GSA-approved listing provides more options to government end users looking for FICAM-compliant solutions.”
“In partnership with HID Global, Lenel continues to innovate with open hardware platforms and software solutions.”
Features & Functionality Include:
New Ways to Install and Use OnGuard system
- Support of Cloud (IaaS) deployment in Microsoft Azure
- Browser client support for OnGuard Credentials Cardholder Management client, OnGuard Monitor Alarm Management client and OnGuard Access Manager client (access level assignment)
New Browser-based Solutions
- Lenel Console browser-based launcher included
- Optional OnGuard Cardholder Self Service version 2.0 allows cardholders to set up visits, request access and change PINs
- Browser-based bundles that include server software, cardholder and alarm management, browser client licenses and one thick client seat
- OnGuard Open Access web-services and RESTful web-services enhancements now offer functional parity with DataConduIT
Access Control Hardware
- Support of Series 3 LNL-1100, LNL-1200, LNL-1300 and LNL-1320
- Support of Schlage® NDE and LE wireless locks
- Updated memory for LNL-4420 up to 96MB, supporting more than 1 million cardholders depending on configuration
- Support of new LNL-8000-M5, allowing LNL-1300 to replace M/RJ or WIU-4, enabling OSDP™ and Wiegand reader support
- Expanded support for FIPS-201 Card Authentication provides:
- Added support for Technology Industries EntryPoint authentication using Veridt Readers or INID
- HID pivCLASS® and TI EntryPoint authentication using LNL-4420, LNL-1300e, and now Series 3 LNL-1300, LNL-1320
- Support of Windows® Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016
Other existing Lenel products have been updated for the General Services Administration’s Approved Product List, and a complete list can be found at here.
Lenel, part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp, is continuously advancing the OnGuard Integrated Platform to support the most innovative and integrated security solutions.
Designed around open standards, OnGuard software allows customers to better protect and manage their people, property and assets.
Lenel OnGuard Competes in 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
AST focuses on Homeland Security and Public Safety Breaking News, the Newest Initiatives and Hottest Technologies in Physical & IT Security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
The 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, Border Security, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, OnGuard 7.4 will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Enterprise Access Control Solutions.
To Learn More about the ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, see 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award Winners Honored at ISC East.
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included representatives from:
- The Department of Homeland Security(DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Leaders in Private Security