Safeguarding the Public & Protecting Officers
Increasing demands on law enforcement agencies have stretched resources to the limit and the tools they use must be portable, rugged, easy to use, cost effective, and fill multiple needs.
LRAD fills the critical gap between the poor voice quality and limited broadcast range inherent in bullhorns and vehicle P.A. systems, and kinetic measures including water cannons, tear gas projectiles, rubber bullets, pepper balls, Tasers, and flash bang grenades.
LRAD is not a weapon; LRAD is a highly intelligible, long range communication system and a safer alternative to kinetic force.
(Learn More about LRAD Long Range Acoustic Devices, courtesy of Digital Justice, LRAD, AOL & YouTube)
LRAD systems safely broadcast highly intelligible messages, warnings, notifications, instructions and commands from close range up to 3 kilometers to individuals or large crowds in a wide variety of law enforcement situations.
As part of field and special response team operations, LRAD safely extends the perimeter in friendly or escalated environments keeping the public and officers out of harms way.
Law enforcement agencies are also using LRAD to:
- Communicate to large crowds during parades, festivals, concerts and sports events
- Establish safety zones and humanely enforce perimeters
- Control traffic congestion
- Conduct SWAT operations
- Disperse crowds
- End hostage and barricaded subject situations
- Serve high risk warrants
- Extract inmates safely from cells
- Secure jails, prison yards and facility perimeters
- Communicate to protesters
- Stop threatened suicides
- Evacuate neighborhoods during emergencies and disasters
- Conduct search & rescue operations from the land and air
- Communicate lifesaving information to citizens during disasters
The LRAD 100X – The Leading Portable AHD for On-Scene and Tactical Communications
In addition to being 20 – 30 decibels louder than bullhorns and vehicle-based P.A. systems, the LRAD 100X is also up to 6X louder and much more intelligible than other hailing devices of comparable size and weight.
Live or recorded broadcasts from the portable LRAD 100X easily overcome engines, sirens and noisy crowds to ensure every message is heard and understood.
(Police utilizing LRAD products to redirect protesters gathered in Pittsburgh to demonstrate outside the G-20 Summit. Courtesy of YouTube)
LRAD 100X voice and tone broadcasts easily overcome engine, siren and other background noise to ensure every message is clearly heard and understood over distances up to 600 meters.
Optimized driver and waveguide technology coupled with power efficiency ensure several hours of clear, continuous communication.
The LRAD warning tone safely alerts attention to the voice messages that follow, establishes large standoff zones, and is the safer crowd control alternative to non-lethal and kinetic measures.
- 8-hour rechargeable battery
- Easily operated with gloves and MOPP gear
- Optional power sources
- Simple user interface
- Water resistant
- HD Camera (optional)
DIRECTIONALITY, POWER EFFICIENCY & RANGE
- Highly intelligible communication up to 600 meters
- Focused, directional sound pattern for targeted communication
- Safely communicates beyond standoff distances to determine intent
- Establishes instant acoustic standoff perimeter
- Broadcasts penetrate buildings & vehicles to ensure communications are heard and understood
LRAD’s optimized driver and waveguide technology ensures every broadcast cuts through wind, engine and background noise and is clearly heard and understood, even inside vehicles and buildings.
Through the use of live or recorded multilingual voice messages and alert tones, LRAD systems establish large safety zones, unequivocally determine intent, favorably resolve uncertain situations and save lives on both sides of the Long Range Acoustic Device.
LRAD systems are in service in more than 70 countries around the world in diverse applications including mass notification and public address, fixed and mobile defense deployments, homeland, border, critical infrastructure, maritime, oil & gas, and port security, public safety, law enforcement and emergency responder communications, asset protection, and wildlife control and preservation.
To learn more, please visit www.lradx.com.