DetectaChem, developer and manufacturer of rapidly deployable, super-compact and easy-to-operate threat detection systems, has announced the release of the new MobileDetect smartphone application for drug detection.
MobileDetect delivers a revolutionary new drug detection platform for law enforcement, EMS, hazmat, event security, customs and border protection, concerned parents or family members, probation officers and more.
(Bringing drug detection to the masses with MobileDetect! Simple, low-cost drug detection on your smartphone! Courtesy of DetectaChem and YouTube)
What is the MobileDetect App?
- The detection engine contained in the MobileDetect app was developed utilizing DetectaChem’s years of experience with the SEEKER line of handheld automated colorimetric detection devices.
- Through the MobileDetect App, DetectaChem is able to bring presumptive substance detection to the masses.
- With automated detection through the app, the user does not have to reference color charts and detection is not reliant on individual perception or at risk of human error.
- The MobileDetect App allows for quick and powerful presumptive substance testing on the most popular platform in the world, smartphones.
Evolving out of the globally deployed flagship SEEKER product line, MobileDetect was designed to meet industry demand for trace drug detection at a mass adoption price point.
MobileDetect uses the same patented automated colorimetric technology used by the SEEKER that detects trace or bulk quantities of drug material.
Users can easily send PDF result reports through email, text, Dropbox and more with additional pictures, GPS location and custom notes directly from the app.
MobileDetect utilizes the MobileDetect Pouch that provides presumptive chemical reagent identification of key drugs including heroin, fentanyl, cocaine, THC, methamphetamine, synthetics and more.
The U.S. opioid epidemic has reached emergency level and MobileDetect provides a critical new detection solution.
MobileDetect can accurately detect various fentanyl analogues and heroin from bulk quantities and street cuts down to non-visible trace residue.
“The MobileDetect fentanyl pouch fits a long sought-after trace detection need that all in the first responder community need to be aware of,” explains Christina Baxter, former CBRNE Program Manager with the U.S. Department of Defense and current CEO of Emergency Response Tips, LLC.
“MobileDetect is a game-changing solution at a price point that is affordable for any and all responders.”
(See in Action! MobileDetect – Easy Drug Detection on Your Smartphone. Courtesy of DetectaChem and YouTube)
Drug detection on your smartphone. Enough said.
MobileDetect is available now through the Apple and Android app store and can be downloaded for free with five test scans included.
- Law Enforcement and Hazmat
- Private Security
- Correctional Facilities
- School or Educational Institutions
- Search and Seizure Teams
- Entry Control and Checkpoints
- Event and Private Security
- Personal or At-Home Use
- Presumptive Drug Field Testing
- Checkpoint Screening
- Correctional Facilities
- Schools and Daycares
DetectaChem is a Texas, USA-based privately-held company and manufacturer of rapidly deployable, handheld, intelligent, and easy-to-operate detection systems.
Their products enable threat detection for safety and security operations throughout the world, are simple to use and maintain, yet sophisticated in function and design.