Senstar Corporation, a competitor in the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Program, is introducing FiberPatrol FP1150, the newest addition to its fiber optic perimeter intrusion detection line.
The dual-channel FP1150 accurately detects and locates intrusion attempts for up to 10 km (6.2 mi) or 5 km (3.1 mi) per side in a platform that is more compact, more highly integrated, and more rugged than previous generations.
The FP1150 enhances the market-leading capabilities of the Senstar’s FiberPatrol line by extending the operational temperature range to 50°C (122°F), making the system more robust by using solid-state disk drives, and integrating previously-external optical modules – all while shrinking the system into a single 4U rack-mount enclosure and adding lower-cost options for shorter perimeters.
“The FiberPatrol FP1150 delivers all the core features and benefits of Senstar’s fiber optic technology while broadening the range of applicability,” said Product Manager Stewart Dewar.
“With its new features and price options starting at distances as low as 1 km (3,280 ft), the FP1150 enables end users and integrators to standardize on FiberPatrol for use on shorter perimeters than ever before,” added Dewar.
Senstar’s fiber optic technology features:
- Low nuisance alarm rates
- Distinguishes between real threats and environmental disturbances
- Provides true detection of simultaneous events
- Offers cut immune configuration options
- Requires no power or data infrastructure in the field
- Is EMI and lightning immune making it intrinsically safe for explosive atmospheres
- Provides software configurable detection zones, and
- Integrates with a wide variety of SMS/PSIM platforms
Along with the FiberPatrol FP1150, Senstar’s FiberPatrol line includes:
- The FiberPatrol FP1100X for long range fence mounted applications
- The FiberPatrol FP6100X for buried intrusion detection applications, and
- The FiberPatrol FP6100X TPI detection system for buried pipelines
FiberPatrol’s advanced fiber optic technology detects and locates intrusion attempts along fences and walls.
Different models are available depending on detection requirements:
- FiberPatrol FP1100X – Point-reporting for long-range perimeters.
- Detects and locates intrusions over a distance of up to 50 km (31 mi) per processor
- FiberPatrol FP1150 – Point-reporting for short and mid-range perimeters.
- Detects and locates perimeter intrusions over a distance of up to 10 km (6.2 mi) per processor.
(Learn More about Senstar’s FiberPatrol Fiber Optic Intrusion Detection Sensors for Fences, Wall and Buried Pipelines. Courtesy of Senstar Corporation and YouTube. Posted on Mar 1, 2016.)
FiberPatrol features and benefits include:
- Pinpoints intrusions with a +/-4 m (13 ft) accuracy
- Accurate detection of multiple simultaneous intrusions
- No outdoor power or data infrastructure required
- EMI and lightning immunity
- In cut-immune configuration, perimeter remains fully protected after a cable cut
- Integrates with a wide array of SMS/PSIM platforms
How it works
Disturbances along the fence affect the light reflected from each location along the length of the fiber optic cable.
This reflected light is detected and analyzed by the FiberPatrol sensing unit to detect potential intrusions and their locations.
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- GOST Declaration of Conformity Eurasia
Senstar at a Glance
Senstar has been safeguarding people, places and property with the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensors for over 35 years.
Now combined with world-class video management systems and analytics (formerly Aimetis), Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven technologies that work together to reduce complexity, improve performance and unify support.
(Senstar has been manufacturing, selling and supporting the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensor technologies for more than 30 years. Senstar is also a leading provider of personal duress solutions. Senstar’s products and solutions can be found around the world in more than 80 countries, in tens of thousands of sites including borders, ports, military and government, correctional facilities, and other critical sites. Courtesy of the Senstar Corporation and YouTube. Posted on Apr 26, 2016.)
Senstar Competes in 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
AST focuses on Homeland Security and Public Safety Breaking News, the Newest Initiatives and Hottest Technologies in Physical & IT Security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
The 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, Border Security, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Senstar LM100 will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Perimeter Protection Solutions.
To Learn More about the ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, see 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award Winners Honored at ISC East.
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Leaders in Private Security