Orolia, the world leader in Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions and Platinum Award Winner for Two Consecutive Years in the Annual ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, have been selected to support enroute radar systems across the U.S. with the company’s SecureSync time and synchronization servers have been selected to support enroute radar systems across the U.S.
The only Time and Synchronization Device approved by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) for use in U.S. Government networks, SecureSync provides unparalleled reliability, security and flexibility to synchronize critical aviation operations.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) employs a variety of radar types for short, medium, and long range air traffic control requirements, and these diverse radars require different types of timing signals and outputs to suit their operations.
Orolia’s SecureSync provides the necessary timing outputs and signals necessary for these radars with outstanding ability to ensure resilient, accurate and reliable timestamps for the data that it receives from radars, is used to quickly organize the data for the aircraft control user interface.
Combining precision master clock technology with exceptional configurability, SecureSync delivers the industry’s highest standards for extreme reliability, security, redundancy, and flexibility in a rugged, modular, cost effective form factor.
(Learn More about the many resilient timing and resilient PNT capabilities at Orolia, specifically for the commercial market. Courtesy of Orolia and YouTube. Posted on Feb 18, 2019.)
SecureSync Features Include:
- Synchronize to GPS, Galileo and other GNSS constellations
- STL option – adds alternative signals to GPS/GNSS input references to improve resilience, or use STL alone for indoor applications where rooftop access is limited
- BroadShield GPS signal jamming and spoofing detection is available
- Generate virtually any time and frequency output signals
- Choose from a variety of internal oscillator options, including low-phase noise
- Built-in high performance NTP server, PTP options
- Exceptional operating temperature range of -20oC to +65oC
- Secure network management and control
- Platform approach allows easy integration of specific capabilities
- Built-in REST API management
- Modular (configure-to-order) ruggedized shock and vibration-tested chassis (1 RU)
- Industry-leading five-year warranty
“Consistently accurate timestamps and the synchronization of thousands of real-time flight data points are essential for safe and efficient enroute air traffic operations,” said Jean-Yves Courtois, CEO of Orolia.
“Orolia is proud to support the FAA’s radar data and aircraft control user interface requirements to improve air travel services nationwide.”
SecureSync® combines Orolia’s precision master clock technology and secure network-centric approach with a compact modular hardware design to bring you a write out time and frequency reference system at the lowest cost of ownership.
Orolia was selected by the FAA for this competitive program based on its proven timing and synchronization technology, and its ability to offer multiple output options as COTS products that do not require additional research and development time or investment.
Only SecureSync combines multi-GPS/GNSS signal synchronization, options for alternative signals and BroadShield GPS anti-jamming/spoofing protection for transportation systems.
(Working within Spectracom SecureSync GPS/GNSS receivers, BroadShield detects unintentional and malicious attacks in the GPS signal. It automatically notifies and disables your GPS/GNSS synchronization to keep you and your data safe. Courtesy of Orolia and YouTube.)
Orolia’s SecureSync® time and frequency reference solutions synchronize critical military and commercial operations where failure is not an option.
Orolia Takes Platinum in the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
Best Search and Rescue Solution
McMurdo SmartFind G8 AIS EPIRB
*Orolia was also a multiple Award Winner in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Program
The Annual ‘ASTORS’ Awards Program is specifically designed to honor distinguished government and vendor solutions that deliver enhanced value, benefit and intelligence to end users in a variety of government, homeland security and public safety vertical markets.
Over 130 distinguished guests representing National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Firms, gathered from across North America, Europe and the Middle East to be honored among their peers in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Federal Protective Service (FPS)
- Argonne National Laboratory
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission Office of Personnel Management
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Viasat, Hanwha Techwin, Lenel, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, Verint, Canon U.S.A., BriefCam, Pivot3, Milestone Systems, Allied Universal, Ameristar Perimeter Security and More!