RedSeal, a Winner in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, and XL Catlin have announced a new, dynamic approach to cyber insurance, which uses an objective measurement of a network’s resilience to help underwriters more thoroughly evaluate their clients’ risks over time, helps clients continue to improve their cybersecurity and potentially improve their insurance terms.
Unlike other cyber insurance risk analyses, which rely on surveys and a general understanding of the network at the time of the initial underwriting, XL Catlin’s approach offers its clients a more accurate, dynamic and helpful service.
RedSeal’s patented network modeling and risk scoring platform creates a network model from the inside out, including physical assets, as well as those in public and private cloud environments.
With this insight, RedSeal calculates the Digital Resilience Score, a holistic measure of the network’s resilience, similar to a credit worthiness score.
The Score evaluates the client’s network to determine:
- How weaknesses from incorrectly configured devices and third-party software could impact the network;
- How accessible a company’s valuable assets are to attackers; and
- The degree to which the network – including all its devices and their connections – is understood.
More resilient networks deliver higher scores, which means they are potentially lower risks.
Once an XL Catlin client installs RedSeal and gets their initial Digital Resilience Score, and again during a mid-term evaluation, XL Catlin will determine if the client’s resilience warrants improved terms.
“We see this collaboration as a win-win for all involved,” said John Coletti, chief underwriting officer, cyber and technology, XL Catlin.
“We’re giving our clients the option to create a cycle of continuous improvement in their cyber security efforts.”
“Plus, our underwriters have more in-depth information to evaluate their risk and provide the most appropriate policy terms and pricing – and our customers can use the same information to improve their resilience and lower their risk.”
The digital infrastructures for government and federal agencies, as well as nearly all of the Forbes Global 2000 companies, operate across on-premise, virtualized and cloud networks.
In fact, hybrid data centers are an increasingly popular answer for the fast deployment of new network infrastructure.
As a result, homeland and government agencies’ security teams are faced with the daunting challenge of securing profoundly complex, and constantly changing networks.
The RedSeal network modeling and risk scoring platform is the only solution that addresses this universal challenge by capturing the complete, as-built network, from the inside out.
It provides actionable intelligence and situational awareness across hybrid data centers, which puts security management and decision making power right in the hands of the security professionals on our front lines.
(See how RedSeal’s network modeling and risk scoring platform can accelerate your incident response time at every stage of the process. Courtesy of RedSeal and YouTube)
The RedSeal platform also provides the foundation for government agencies to become more resilient to cyber events, which means they can quickly navigate through cyber incidents and rapidly rebound, minimizing impact on business performance.
RedSeal can also calculate a RedSeal Digital Resilience Score, modeled after a creditworthiness score, so users can measure, benchmark and set targets to actively manage their investments in the digital resilience of their network and security infrastructure.
This single resilience metric gives management teams and senior officials an easy way to understand, measure, and make decisions about an agency’s security posture.
The RedSeal Network Modeling and Risk Scoring Platform gives users what they need for resilience, proactive defense and predictive analysis, so they can:
- Visualize end-to-end access, intended and unintended, between any two points of the network.
- This includes analysis of network topology, access control, and general configuration of networks in Amazon VPC.
- Visualize detailed access paths for individual devices in a specific path and pinpoint rules affecting access on each device.
- RedSeal also lets users optimize AWS’s security groups and access controls, reducing risk to cloud-based systems.
- Visualize hidden areas of the network, so users can maintain a complete inventory of all network assets, even those without live traffic.
- Model and validate access policies and network device configurations to continuously verify that the network is in compliance, even as changes are made to remote parts of the cloud network.
- Plus, users can model change requests to understand potential issues before going live.
- RedSeal has key controls for PCI DSS, NERC CIP, NIST 800-53, DISA’s STIGs and HIPAA.
(See how RedSeal works to help you understand how prepared you are for the next network attack or incident. Courtesy of RedSeal and YouTube)
“The cyber insurance industry is evolving quickly, and technology companies are working to provide useful, data-driven solutions that matter,” said Ray Rothrock, CEO and chairman of RedSeal.”
“RedSeal’s platform of network modeling and scoring provides unique insights and hard to find issues within digital enterprises for both XL Catlin’s underwriters and their clients, which we expect will benefit both.
“We’re enabling a new, collaborative era in cyber insurance and cybersecurity.”
More than 40 U.S. government agencies – along with a number of Forbes Global 2000 companies around the world, rely on RedSeal to help them improve their overall security posture, accelerate incident response and increase the productivity of their security and network teams.
For more information on the joint offering from XL Catlin and RedSeal visit www.redseal.net/solutions/cyber-insurance/clients-and-brokers.
RedSeal at a Glance
RedSeal’s network modeling and risk scoring platform is the foundation for enabling enterprises to be resilient to cyber events across public cloud, private cloud and physical network environments.
RedSeal helps customers understand their network from the inside out – providing actionable intelligence, situational awareness and a Digital Resilience Score to help enterprises measure and improve their resilience.
Government agencies and Global 2000 companies around the world rely on RedSeal to help them validate their overall security posture, accelerate investigation and improve the productivity of their security and network teams.
RedSeal Takes Gold in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
- Gold ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- RedSeal Network Modeling and Risk Scoring Platform
- Best Cyber Security Solution Provider
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Leaders in Private Security