Scalable, adaptable and highly sophisticated – IoT botnets have been involved in nearly every major recent DDoS attack.
As the botnet landscape expands and larger, more destructive threats become inevitable, it’s critical to understand these bot-based assaults and move beyond legacy security solutions.
Radware, a leading provider of cyber security and application delivery solutions and a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, has introduced the Ultimate IoT Botnet Killing platform!
The new DefensePro line has the most advanced, automated protection from IoT-based attacks, SSL-based threats, DNS and DDoS attacks – A comprehensive solution for protection from network layer attacks, including increased threats stemming from Internet-of-Things (IoT) botnets.
These newest additions to the Radware DefensePro line provide automated protection from fast moving, high volume, encrypted or very short duration threats, which includes:
- IoT-based attacks like Mirai
- Pulse, Burst, DNS, TLS/SSL attacks,
- Those attacks associated with Permanent Denial of Service (PDoS), and
- Ransom Denial of Service (RDoS) techniques
“By 2020, Gartner predicts we will see 26 billion connected devices,” said Carl Herberger, Vice President of Security Solutions at Radware.
“That is hundreds of thousands of new, vulnerable devices coming online every day increasing the threat surface in a way beyond comprehension.”
“The massive Mirai attack in October 2016 crippled internet infrastructure and services, and IoT Botnets have been rumored to be involved in nearly every major DDoS attack since.”
(Amidst a constant barrage of record-breaking cyber-attacks, organizations are seeking vendors that can safeguard their data while providing value in other critical ways. Organizations must partner with a DDoS vendor that integrates multiple technologies for rapid and accurate protection and can tailor its offerings to meet business-specific needs. This piece explains what to look for in DDoS vendors and why Frost & Sullivan identifies Radware has being a leader in customer value. Courtesy of Radware and YouTube)
“Moreover, the future portends exponentially larger and more destructive threats,” continued Herberger.
“It is critical that companies protect their networks and assets as the IoT landscape expands.”
Radware built its new DefensePro line to overcome both the complexity and scale of these sophisticated IoT botnets.
New behavior-based algorithms protect against known and unknown DNS flood attacks in the most scalable/bullet-proof way:
- Protection based on ingress-only traffic that eliminates the need for bi-directional traffic for DNS attack protection.
A single deployment model offers both authoritative and recursive DNS service protection and advanced attack coverage to protect against the latest DNS attacks, including the DNS Water Torture Attack used on Dyn US in October 2016.
The DefensePro product line’s new, in-the-box, patented SSL attack mitigation provides the lowest latency, most efficient SSL-attack protection with the widest coverage from SSL-based DDoS attacks.
In addition, new burst attack protection detects and mitigates short bursts of high-volume attacks.
With the new DefensePro line, organizations can avoid the frequent disruptions burst attacks can cause in their network server’s SLA and ensure legitimate users have uninterrupted access to services.
(Are you tired of fighting prolonged attack campaigns? Can your organization withstand today’s sophisticated DDoS attacks? With the threat of reduced revenues, higher expenses and damaged reputations, organizations need Radware’s hybrid attack mitigation solution that integrates real time WAF, SSL protection and DDoS protection on-premise with a cloud service that is activated on-demand. Courtesy of Radware and YouTube)
As part of its new line of DefensePro products, Radware now offers a full range of next generation protection platforms that includes:
- DefensePro VA – a virtual appliance with mitigation capacity of up to 20Gbps.
- Best for organizations operating in a virtualized environment and Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC) as well as for cloud hosting providers looking to scale protection to their customers.
- DefensePro 20 – Supporting 2Gbps through 12Gbps of legitimate traffic with up to 20Gbps mitigation capacity.
- Best fit for small and medium size enterprises.
- DefensePro 60 – Supporting 10Gbps through 40Gbps of legitimate traffic with up to 60Gbps mitigation capacity.
- Designed for large data center protection deployed by large enterprises, eCommerce and service providers.
- DefensePro 200 & 400 – Radware’s largest devices offering up to 200Gbps and 400Gbps mitigation capacity respectively.
- Best fit for carriers, scrubbing centers and service providers looking for a single platform to handle very high volume attacks.
Radware’s full suite of DefensePro products are based on industry-leading technologies that provide the most advanced DDoS protection in the market, including:
- Behavioral-based algorithms for attack detection that goes beyond just SYN flood protection to offer a wide range of protections at high mitigation capacity, including SSL, DNS, and more.
- Real-time signature creation and advanced challenge escalations to achieve highest mitigation accuracy that can automatically mitigate unknown attacks and minimize the impact on legitimate traffic.
- A comprehensive set of security modules and algorithms including behavioral security, protocol anomaly detection and session anomaly detection, intrusion prevention, and anti-scanning to provide the widest data center attack detection.
- High performance throughout the suite of devices, offering various mitigation capacity to meet different needs—ranging from 20 Gbps all the way up to 400 Gbps mitigation capacity per device, allowing customers to enjoy the widest range of simultaneous cyber-attack protection in the industry.
- Integrated solution that offers full automation of the attack lifecycle and synchronized messaging to improve detection and mitigation response and accuracy.
Radware at a Glance
Their award-winning solutions portfolio delivers service level assurance for business-critical applications, while maximizing IT efficiency.
Radware’s solutions empower more than 10,000 enterprise and carrier customers worldwide to adapt to market challenges quickly, maintain business continuity and achieve maximum productivity while keeping costs down.
Radware in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, Radware will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Cyber Security Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.
Good luck to Radware’on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
To Learn More about Radware’s Multi-Layered Security Protection, visit the solution page here.
To learn more about Radware’s new DefensePro product line, please click here.
Or visit the company’s website, to see their full range of offerings.