The Security Industry Association (SIA) opened registration for its annual public policy conference, SIA GovSummit.
At SIA GovSummit 2017, security industry leaders and government officials meet and examine policy trends, technology requirements and risk assessments to address evolving security challenges.
SIA will host SIA GovSummit 2017 at The Liaison Capitol Hill, located at 415 New Jersey Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20001, on June 28-29.
Registration is open at the SIA GovSummit website at http://www.securityindustry.org/summit.
“In this year’s new political environment, federal and state governments are assessing their security technology priorities,” said Jake Parker, SIA Director of Government Relations.
“SIA GovSummit is where security and government leaders meet to assess those priorities.”
“The agenda for SIA GovSummit 2017 is designed to provide a holistic look at where the private and public sectors can work together on critical issues.”
Here is the agenda for the conference:
Wednesday, June 28
- SIA Member Congressional Office Visits
- Government Procurement Roundtable Discussion
- SIA Public Policy Leadership Dinner
Thursday, June 29
- Security Solutions and the Policy Landscape
- Homeland Security Priorities of the Trump Administration and the 115th Congress: Implications for Security Technology
- Rise of the “Botnet of Things:” Industry Response and the Emerging Government Role in Promoting IOT Security
- State and Local Policy Trends Affecting Residential, Commercial and Government Security Solutions
- What the Federal Government’s New IT Policy Means for Identity Management and Access Control Systems: OMB Circular A-130
- What’s New in Federal Acquisition
- Acquisition Priorities for Security Solutions
- Industry Insights on Emerging Security Capabilities
- Research and Development Partnership Opportunities
- Federal R&D Programs and Agency Initiatives
- Opportunities for Public-Private Partnerships
- What’s Next in Infrastructure Protection
- Evolving Threats and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Legislative and Regulatory Impact on Security Solutions for CIP
- Security Technology and Federal Grants: Fiscal 2017 and Beyond
Early bird registration rates are available through June 4. SIA offers a discount hotel block for those traveling to Washington. To register and find more information, visit http://www.securityindustry.org/summit.
The Security Industry Association (SIA) is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with roughly 700 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry.
SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and collaboration with other like-minded organizations.
As a proud sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities.
SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA Government Summit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground®, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.