One year after product launch at ASIS International 2016, the Sharp INTELLOS Automated Unmanned Ground Vehicle (A-UGV) was awarded two industry honors during ASIS 2017 in Dallas, Texas, last month.
Sharp Electronics Corporation, a proud sponsor of the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is a worldwide developer of one-of-a-kind home appliances, networked multifunctional office solutions, professional displays, robotics and energy systems.
The Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV was named “New Product of the Year for Outdoor Perimeter Protection” by Security Today.
Additionally, the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV earned the “Security Solutions Award for Security Monitoring” by Security Sales & Integration.
Security Today magazine announced the winners of their 2017 “New Product of the Year Award” in August and presented each recipient with their honor at ASIS.
The Security Today “New Product of the Year Award for Outdoor Perimeter Protection” honors the outstanding product development achievements of security equipment manufacturers whose products are considered to be particularly noteworthy in their ability to improve security.
“The New Product of the Year contest gives us a terrific sampling of security solutions, but what is more amazing each year is the technical savvy that comes along with new products,” said Ralph C. Jensen, Editor-in-Chief of Security Today.
“Our juried judges must be able to understand technology and innovation to be able to stay on top of security solutions that will blend into the platforms in use today, and what will be expected of them tomorrow.”
“Our New Product of the Year contest allows forward-thinking manufacturers to be able to share their vision of security.”
On hand to accept Security Today’s award was Alice DiSanto, Director of Marketing for the Sharp Robotics Business Division.
“The last twelve months have validated that security robotics are the future,” said DiSanto.
“CSOs (Chief Security Officers) are looking for solutions to their initiatives that traditional manpower and technology cannot alone fulfill.”
“Security needs are too great and ever-increasing.”
“In order to hit productivity and profitability goals, yet also protect critical infrastructure, assets and people, automation is critical.
“Corporations have experienced automation success stories in the business areas of accounting, recruiting, and customer tracking.”
“The time is now to automate routine safety, maintenance and surveillance tasks.”
(The programmable, self-directed Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV robotics system represents the next frontier in outdoor security. Watch the automated unmanned ground vehicle carry out a range of missions. Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Sharp Electronics was one of eight winners in seven application areas.
The Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV met several needs for a global pharmaceutical company, which included:
- Adding another tier of protection to their onion-layer model of intrusion detection;
- Extending air quality monitoring to the exterior, and
- Further supporting security officers.
“The real test for manufacturers’ products ― especially when dealing in the sometimes life or death realm of security and safety ― is how they truly meet the needs of both the security integrator and their customer,” shared SSI’s Editor-in-Chief and Associate Publisher, Scott Goldfine, about the winners.
“How does a given device or system deliver problem-solution results in the field deployed in real-world scenarios?”
“That is the true litmus test and why SSI founded the “Security Solutions Awards”.”
“This unique program is an outstanding platform for security product suppliers to showcase their wares and a unique source for integrators to identify project solutions.”
“It is one thing for a manufacturer to claim it can satisfy security and safety needs,” stated Mike Kobelin, National Sales Director for the Sharp Robotics Business Division, at ASIS for the award announcement.
“Demonstrating proof of concept is the tipping point for accelerated adoption and that’s what Sharp has been able to do.”
“Sharp is grateful to Security Sales & Integration for assembling a panel of independent industry professionals, integrators and consultants, to evaluate the technical merits and ease of use for products, like the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV.”
(Learn About the Sharp INTELLOS Automated Unmanned Ground Vehicle (A-UGV) Two-Way Audio Communication Capabilities. Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Five Key Differentiators of Sharp’s Outdoor Security Robot:
- Full life cycle of reliability, availability and serviceability given the 3-year parts and labor warranty, coupled with sales and service support across the entire United States.
- Tested to MIL-STD 810 (Dept of Defense) environmental standards for ruggedized, continuous operation under wide temperature ranges, varied terrain, and adverse weather, such as rain, snow, fog, etc.
- Certified to ISO 13482 Standard (International Organization of Standardization – nonprofit) for safe robotic operation around people.
- Real-time streaming data, passed between onboard video, audio and environmental sensors to the CCAP (Command & Control Software) is safely and securely transmitted and encrypted using a military-grade mesh network for protection against hacking.
- Hot swap, rechargeable and user-replaceable lithium batteries offer quiet (stealth) operation and with no downtime.
(The journey to develop the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV traveled on a path paved with these concepts: Best-in-class. Original. Technology. Reliability. Security. Engineering. Excellence. Innovation. Quality. Responsibility. Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Features that complement and enhance your security infrastructure.
- A visible deterrent on predetermined routes can potentially stop trouble before it occurs.
- Secure, real-time data transmission across a wireless mesh network (with backup public cellular, if available) keeps your onsite command center on top of vehicle position and telemetry as well as video, audio and sensor information.
- Integrated camera system comprehensively captures the guard tour with multiple video technologies.
- Adjustable-height boom stretches to approximately 5’9″, enabling the A-UGV to see into and over objects such as walls and fences.
- Two-way audio communication, standard cameras and available sensors allow security personnel to communicate through the A-UGV without placing themselves in harm’s way.
- Electric drive system powered by two user-replaceable, rechargeable lithium ION battery packs, could provide between four to twelve hours per charge, enabling coverage for 3 full shifts each day.
- Optional sensors help reduce exposure from hazardous conditions. An array of sensors are available to match the monitoring needs of multiple outdoor site applications.
- Multi-terrain front tires provide traction; omnidirectional rear tires feature a revolutionary new design that allows for lateral movement to minimize tire friction and power usage.
(Discover Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV’s best-fit industries! Courtesy of Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV and YouTube)
Assist in providing a more secure facility, while prioritizing employees’ safety.
This automated robotic guarding system can extend the frequency and coverage of your property’s assets, help to reduce field personnel requirements and mitigate security risks.
- On average, the two batteries’ charge could enable coverage for three full shifts per day, with each charge lasting between four to twelve hours of patrol.
- A standardized comprehensive camera system, including optional thermal imaging.
- This extends the capabilities of the human eye and provides an increased spectrum of visual data to enable real-time decisions by security personnel.
- Audio capabilities, including a siren, voice announcements and two-way communication, enable guards to interact without placing themselves in harm’s way.
- The lighting system includes two LED high-beams and two, forward-facing LED low-beams, enabling broad lighting of fence lines and other objects of interest, while also improving visual image capture in poor ambient light conditions.
- A rear-mounted mast can provide 360° illumination and LED flashing lights as a warning of its presence.
- Available optional sensors can detect outdoor environmental hazards, such as toxic gases, combustibles and oxygen levels, and collect reporting data for compliance, verification and audit, while security personnel remain safely in your command center.
- Multi-tiered safety features, including light detection and ranging (LIDAR), reduce the risk of collision during unattended patrol.
- These and features, such as local and remote manual shut-off controls, meet Comprehensive Circle of Quality and Safety System (CCQSS) and the internationally accepted safety standard of ISO 13482 (International Organization of Standardization) for safe operation around people.
Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Sharp INTELLOS A-UGV is competing against the industry’s leading providers of innovative Investigative, Surveillance and Detection Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.
To register, click on the banner below, or go to https://americansecuritytoday.com/product/awards-luncheon/
Good luck to the Rave Mobile Safety on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
Click here to learn how Rave 911 Suite works to deliver powerful communication tools to state’s nationwide Rave 911 Suite, or visit the company’s website to view Rave Mobile Safety’s wide range of offerings at https://www.ravemobilesafety.com/.