Siklu has unveiled the MultiHaul™, a revolutionary point-to-multipoint millimeter wave wireless solution for the physical security market.
The new millimeter wave radio extends Siklu’s multi-gigabit product line to include an easy to install, interference-immune, cyber secure solution for high-speed video surveillance networks, including smart cities and Internet of Things deployments that demand always-on connectivity.
Siklu is a leader in developing millimeter wave wireless solutions for the physical security market, with a full lineup of point-to-point EtherHaul™ radios for street level and rooftop connectivity that delivers multi-gigabit throughput for municipal, government and commercial security networks.
Siklu’s solutions are the most deployed millimeter wave systems in the world and are used by several major cities and leading service providers across the globe.
Unlike traditional wireless networks that use wide beams that can be easily intercepted, Siklu radios leverage narrow beams in the 60-80 GHz millimeter wave spectrum to transmit information across security networks, providing interference free and secured communication infrastructure, making it ideal for mission critical deployments.
(See Fort Myers City Surveillance System, courtesy of Siklu and YouTube)
The new MultiHaul™ utilizes beamforming technology within a point-to-multipoint network topology that makes installation by a single person a reality for system integrators.
The solution’s 90-degree scanning antenna auto-aligns multiple terminal units from a single base unit, serving multiple locations while reducing installation times and the total cost of ownership for end users.
The MultiHaul™’s ability to stream many different devices, such as HD and 4K video cameras and IoT sensors, also helps streamline the video surveillance network’s deployment.
- Point-to-multipoint 2.3Gbps over the air capacity to rooftops or street fixtures.
- Plug & play radio uses beamforming antennas that auto-align, making installation a lightning quick one-person job.
- The advanced beamforming technology combines a wide 90-degree scanning angle with pencil-thin beams, maximizing coverage with no interference.
- Physically immune narrow beams are as reliable, interference free and secure as fiber, making them a natural extension of your fiber plant.
- Hacker and jam-proof thin beams provide robust security in addition to the AES encryption.
- Easy street level and rooftop site acquisition and installation with a ½-liter slim and small radio.
- Dynamically adjusts upload and download capacity to align throughput with demand, significantly enhancing the use experience.
- System includes base unit with 3 ports and up to 8 terminal units with 1 or 3 ports, and space and power saving PoE.
- Cost reducing PtMP system requires fewer units per deployment, decreasing both CapEx and OpEx.
“We are thrilled to introduce innovative point-to-multipoint radios over the millimeter wave spectrum,” said Izik Kirshenbaum, Siklu’s President.
“With the new MultiHaul™ and our EtherHaul™ point-to-point family of products, security end users and system integrators can benefit from the speed and reliability of fiber and the convenience and quick setup of wireless at an affordable price.”
Siklu will be showcasing the new MultiHaul™ at ISC West in Las Vegas, April 5–7, 2017. To learn more, visit Siklu at the Axis booth, #14059.
Siklu delivers multi-gigabit fiber-like wireless connectivity in urban, suburban and rural areas.
Operating in the millimeter wave bands, its wireless solutions are used by leading service providers and smart city projects worldwide.
Thousands of carrier grade systems are delivering interference-free performance world-wide. Easily installed on street-fixtures or rooftops, the price-competitive radios have proved to be ideal for networks requiring fast and simple deployment of secure, fiber-like and future-proof connectivity.