SolarWinds, the 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program Platinum Award Winner for Best Incident & Event Management Solution and a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is now certified under the Common Criteria with the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme (SCCS) for Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+.
The Common Criteria is an international standard for computer security with certification awarded after rigorous laboratory testing and evaluation that is confirmed by national authorities.
“SolarWinds continues to be a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT solutions that help simplify the lives of IT professionals around the world, particularly when it comes to the challenging and complex tasks of monitoring and managing government IT infrastructures,” said David Kimball, Senior Vice President, Federal and National Government, SolarWinds.
“By continuing to pass the stringent evaluation standards set forth by the Common Criteria certification, we also demonstrate our leadership in providing the critical assurances our government customers require in today’s challenging security climate.”
(Fed up with daily IT issues? Break free from the stress and conquer your daily IT battles with free tools that work as hard as you do. With options for Network, Systems, Security, Help Desk, and Database breaks, they’re confident you’ll find a zero-cost Free Tool that will help you keep daily IT issues at bay. Courtesy of SolarWinds and YouTube)
Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation
Common Criteria provides a broad range of evaluation criteria for commercial and nationally sensitive government-use IT security products.
Federal IT users needing to run applications in National Security Systems (NSS) environments can look to Common Criteria-certified software for numerous compliant software solutions.
The SolarWinds® Orion® Suite v2.0, comprising the solutions listed below, is now certified to Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+, empowering government IT pros to implement and use the software safely on federal networks:
- Network Performance Monitor v12.0.1 – Management and monitoring of dynamic network performance
- Server & Application Monitor v6.3 – Server, application, and OS monitoring
- Network Configuration Manager 7.5.1 – Network configuration and compliance management
- Network Traffic Analyzer 4.2.1 – Flow-based network traffic analysis
- IP Address Manager 4.3.2 – IP address and DHCP/DNS management and monitoring
- User Device Tracker 3.2.4 – Device and switch port monitoring and mapping
- VoIP & Network Quality Manager 4.2.4 – VoIP and WAN performance monitoring
- Web Performance Monitor 2.2.1 – Website and web application monitoring
- Enterprise Operations Console 1.6.3 – Unified management for distributed enterprise networks
- Failover Engine 6.7 – SolarWinds platform server monitoring
- Enterprise Operations Console v1.6.3 – Unified visibility into geographically distributed networks
- Storage Resource Monitor v6.3 – Multi-vendor storage performance and capacity monitoring
Previous versions of SolarWinds Orion Suite and SolarWinds Log & Event Manager have been certified for Common Criteria. More details are available here.
Electronic Warfare Associates – Canada, Ltd. (EWA-Canada) is a Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) accredited by the Standards Council of Canada and approved by Canada’s Communications Security Establishment (CSE).
EWA-Canada, in conjunction with its partner lab in the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme, evaluated SolarWinds software to determine that it meets all of the requirements of this security certification.
EWA-Canada is recognized for its extensive experience with Common Criteria evaluations, enabling companies to manage the process and ensure their products meet important certification requirements.
“EWA-Canada congratulates SolarWinds on the Common Criteria re-certification of the Version 2.0 update to Orion Suite,” said Erin Connor, Director of the EWA-Canada Common Criteria Test Lab.
“With this latest result SolarWinds continues its commitment to maintaining the certification to international standards for IT security of the tools that their government customers rely on.”
(Learn More about SolarWinds Federal: Each product is designed to solve the problems IT professionals face every day. Courtesy of SolarWinds and YouTube)
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, and Navy DADMS. Technical requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of most major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free that are designed to help users prepare for an inspection.
- THWACK also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
(THWACK is an online community of more than 130,000 IT professionals and geeks alike – to ask questions, get answers, and get a step ahead in your IT career by joining the thousands of helpful conversations started by IT Pros, for IT Pros. What will you solve next? Courtesy of SolarWinds and YouTube)
SolarWinds in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, SolarWinds will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Security Incident & Event Management Solutions (SIEM).
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.