SolarWinds, a competitor in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, participated in Cyber Quest 2017, a multi-week exercise in cyber and electronic warfare exploration and collaboration hosted by the Army Cyber Center of Excellence (CCoE) in Fort Gordon, Georgia.
SolarWinds’ participation included on-site demonstrations of its network and systems monitoring, IT security, and database management products through live, virtual, or constructed scenarios similar to those experienced by the warfighter.
This year’s annual Army Cyber Quest exercise was held between June 5 and June 30, 2017 and assists the CCoE in identifying emerging technologies from government, industry, and academia and then assessing those technologies against associated Army-required capabilities.
Cyber Quest aims to promote collaboration across industry partners and encourage results-oriented outcomes to help improve some of the unique challenges faced by our warfighters.
“SolarWinds shares the same goals as the Army CCoE, which is to partner government with industry leaders to ensure that the latest technologies are available to our warfighters,” said David Kimball, senior vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds.
“We’re honored to have been a part of this unique event, and for the opportunity to demonstrate how our powerful solutions can help the Army simplify its task of securing, managing, and monitoring its complex systems and networks.”
(Cyber Quest is a world-class, Army-led, joint cyberspace and electronic warfare experimentation and collaboration event conducted annually by the U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence. It is an experiment involving emerging technologies, ideas, and concepts in a realistic, replicated, real-time operational environment which provide solutions for current and future requirements. Courtesy of Army Cyber Center of Excellence and YouTube)
The following SolarWinds® products were tested during the Army Cyber Quest exercise:
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor – agentless application and server monitoring
- SolarWinds Virtualization Manager – virtual machine capacity planning and sprawl control
- SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor – multi-vendor storage performance and capacity monitoring
- SolarWinds IP Address Manager – automated IP address management and IP alerting, troubleshooting, and reporting
- SolarWinds User Device Tracker – tracks endpoint devices by MAC and IP address on wired and wireless networks
SolarWinds currently supports numerous DoD initiatives including the Army’s Warfighter information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) program, which serves as the Army’s common tactical communications network backbone that enables mission command and secure reliable voice, video, and data communications.
SolarWinds provides management, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools, including its Network Configuration Manager, Network Performance Monitor, NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, VoIP & Network Quality Manager, and Engineer’s Toolset products.
You can read a full case study here.
(Each SolarWinds product is designed to solve the problems IT professionals face every day. With a continuously expanding product line that scales to meet your needs, SolarWinds make the most cost-effective, easy-to- use IT management software available. Courtesy of the company and YouTube)
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
(Learn how SolarWinds can help government IT organizations meet DISA STIG and NIST FISMA compliance requirements. Courtesy of the company and YouTube)
- SolarWinds THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free, which are designed to help users prepare for an inspection.
- It also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
(Learn More. John uses the SolarWinds community, thwack® for finding answers to product questions, leveraging application monitoring templates shared by other users and to get a look at upcoming product features and feature requests. Courtesy of SolarWinds and YouTube)
SolarWinds in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager will be competing against the industries leading providers of Network Security Solutions.
Good luck to SolarWinds on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!