When it comes to increasing public safety and homeland security, the success of your response plan to emergency events – whether they are natural or man-made – depends on your ability to quickly and accurately communicate with a variety of key stakeholders.
Law enforcement agencies, first responders and emergency service providers must ensure that people get the information they need to stay safe and productive when faced with a crisis.
SWN Direct is a groundbreaking recipient mobile app that enables rapid, secure and encrypted interactions between government agencies or organizations – and individuals to communicate critical and potentially life-saving information before, during and after emergency events.
(Send Word Now is the leading provider of on-demand alerting for crisis communication. The company’s easy-to-use, web-based emergency notification solutions and mobile applications are used by businesses, government agencies, universities, and non-profit organizations to ensure fast, effective, two-way communication when it is needed the most. Courtesy of Send Word Now and Vimeo)
With SWN Direct’s innovative Audience Visibility capabilities, you can know who is “on-net” and available to receive a message before the alert is sent – critical during times of crisis when seconds matter and delays can mean the difference between life and death.
The app also incorporates a variety of interaction and collaboration tools, including SWN Express Messenger, SWN Express Voice, SWN Locate, SWN LockBox, SWN Secure Chat and SWN One-Click Connect.
The app utilizes IP networking end to end for the secure delivery of voice, text and files seamlessly to recipient mobile devices that are impacted during a crisis.
Traditional Alerting Pathways Are Complex
SWN Direct’s End-to-End IP Pathway is Simple
What You Can Do
With the key capabilities included in SWN Direct you can:
SWN Express Messenger
- Send text alerts to mobile devices with up to 2,000 characters
- Control text fonts, colors, etc. with Rich Text/HTML
- Add images or video to text alerts
- Enhance security with encrypted text alerts
- Improve privacy and control by setting messages to “vanish” once they are read
- Eliminate SMS fees
- SWN Express Messenger also offers end-to-end diagnostic support.
- Push essential documents to recipients’ devices
- Protect sensitive documents with data encryption and app passwords
- Ensure recipients have the correct document with full version control
- Easily wipe devices of stored documents when employees leave or devices are lost
- Recipients are unable to remove or edit these files.
- Contents are encrypted and protected by user credentials.
- Administrators have full versioning control.
SWN Express Voice
- Deliver voice alerts directly to the mobile device over data networks, bypassing telephony carriers
- Join a conference call directly from the app by utilizing integrated audio conferencing capabilities
- Eliminate fees for voice calls
SWN One-Click Connect
- Instantly connect with Send Word Now’s customer support
- Configure a one-touch connection to your inbound message boards or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system
- During high-stress situations faced by public safety officials, a quick connection to get support is invaluable.
- Easily select alert recipients by their real-time geographic location
- Geo-fencing capability provides for location selection without compromising privacy
- Itinerary travel tracking ready
- For privacy, a recipient’s location is not tracked continuously.
- Instead, the notification is launched to recipients whose real-time GPS coordinates fall within the geo-fence.
- This capability is especially beneficial in sending relevant information to those in the area of impact to avoid causing widespread panic that may be unnecessary.
“Building on our deep understanding of technology, SWN Direct delivers a revolutionary set of recipient mobile-oriented tools for voice, text and file delivery for a much lower total operating cost than previously available,” explains Tony Schmitz, Send Word Now President and CEO.
Among its many accolades, Send Word Now received the 2016 DRI Notification System of the Year Award and the BCI Global Continuity and Resilience Innovation Award.
It was named a “Leader” in Gartner’s most recent Magic Quadrant for U.S. Emergency/Mass Notification Services.
It also won the Small Business Achievement Award from the Department of Homeland Security for its work with the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Send Word Now in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, SWN Direct will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Mobile Technology Product Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.