When facility managers are determining which mass notification system to invest in to protect their property and people, there are multiple factors to consider.
Disseminating emergency information quickly, communicating clearly with targeted groups and integrating into a larger emergency communications solution are all areas where SIMPLEX ES-enabled fire alarm systems excel.
SIMPLEX ES-enabled voice systems can serve as the cornerstone of an integrated, multi-layered and cost-effective mass notification solution to improve emergency preparedness and response.
This type of integrated solution leverages a multitude of products and technologies to disseminate critical information and provide maximum protection in critical emergency situations.
(See Tyco Simplex TrueAlert ES 5900 Series Notification Appliances here and their key highlights, courtesy of Tyco Fire Products and YouTube)
These products and technologies include:
- Interior voice systems driven by the advanced SIMPLEX ES fire alarm platform
- Addressable notification technology that enables targeted emergency message delivery. SIMPLEX TrueAlert ES notification now includes the fire alarm industry’s first addressable speakers with individual on/off control and high-quality audio output.
- The targeted audio paging capability enables the delivery of critical, event specific information where it’s needed.
- For example, in the case of a small isolated event, an individual speaker can be activated to deliver a message in that specific area.
- In broader emergency situations, groups of speakers can be used to deliver critical evacuation instructions for specific parts of the building based on the nature of the emergency.
- The high-quality audio output provides improved intelligibility, helping ensure that emergency messages are clearly heard and understood by building occupants and first responders.
- Exterior voice, visual notification and personal notification. This component of a mass notification solution can include SIMPLEX TrueAlert emergency visual messaging display units, wireless audio visual emergency systems, and exterior voice systems.
- Advanced LED appliances – compliant with the latest NFPA code requirements for flash duration and strobe synchronization
- Integrated life-safety information management that brings critical applications together, including fire alarm, voice, access control and video
- Notification appliance self-testing for increased convenience, cost savings and operational continuity
(Learn More, courtesy of Tyco SimplexGrinnell and YouTube)
Tyco SimplexGrinnell, a Tyco business, is a longtime leader in fire and life safety as well as healthcare communications, with over 400,000 customers and a history that dates back to the mid-1800s.
Tyco SimplexGrinnell is advancing safety and security with a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, healthcare communications, emergency communications and integrated security solutions and services.
Good luck to Tyco SIMPLEX ES on becoming a Winner of the American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!