SME’s AeroDef Manufacturing event takes place March 6 to 9 at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
This annual technical conference and exhibition provides compelling and timely information, resources and technology to original equipment manufacturers and suppliers serving the aerospace and defense manufacturing industry.
Insight and Innovation: Three Things You Shouldn’t Miss at AeroDef 2017
1. Cybersecurity in the 21st Century
AeroDef features multiple presentations dedicated to cybersecurity, including a panel discussion on how to identify, mitigate and close cybersecurity gaps that threaten manufacturing production.
As manufacturing equipment interacts with systems inside and outside its company, and often without our knowledge, it creates a significant security challenge — any node on a manufacturer’s network could be an attack vector for the entire production system.
2. Tour a Major Manufacturing Facility
Take a closer look inside a successful manufacturing company’s operations.
Triumph Aerospace, Concept Laser and the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Fort Worth facility — which produces F-16 and F-35 aircraft for U.S. and international partners — will open their doors and allow AeroDef attendees to see how aerospace and defense companies are utilizing innovative technologies and processes.
3. Big Area Additive Manufacturing on Display
- Lockheed Martin’s actual Orion exterior crew module has been 3D-scanned and is now printed on Cincinnati Inc.’s CI BAAM (big area additive manufacturing) technology.
- The Orion Capsule is a one-third scale of the capsule being built by Lockheed Martin and was printed in just 41 hours.
- The Orion weighs 500 pounds and is 5 feet in diameter. It is made from ABS plastic reinforced with fiberglass and carbon fiber, and will be on display all week.
To learn more or to register, visit aerodefevent.com, where you can view the event schedule and see the list of exhibitors.
Get involved in the conversation before the event by downloading the AeroDef Manufacturing mobile app at aerodefevent.com/app.
AeroDef Manufacturing is a leading technical conference and exposition for the aerospace and defense manufacturing industry.
Produced by SME, in partnership with industry OEMs, its mission is to foster innovation across the extended enterprise to reduce costs, expedite production times and maintain U.S. competitiveness in the global economy.