Acuant, a global provider of identity verification to instantly reduce fraud, has been awarded U.S. Patent No. 9,916,327, which focuses on remote image acquisition and the processing of ID documents, added to the company’s more than 20 issued patents.
This latest patent covers the ability for a user to capture an ID document on their choice of device (mobile or desktop) and send that ID document to a secure server using web services for processing (data extraction and authentication).
Document Authentication & Identity Verification Software
AssureID is trusted around the world to help commercial organizations and government facilities improve and protect their business operations.
The company’s solutions range from providing critical security to streamlining workflows for validating new customers and protecting against identity theft and fraud.
AssureID’s patented technology extracts biometric and alphanumeric data contained in an identity document to authenticate it by applying 50+ forensic document-specific tests and utilizing the industry’s largest document library (supporting 200+ countries).
(Acuant provides Identity Verification to instantly reduce fraud and increase revenue while providing a seamless customer experience. Product offerings include data capture and auto-fill, document authentication, and facial recognition software. Human assisted machine learning engineering ensure the highest level of accuracy. Courtesy of Acuant and YouTube. Posted on Aug 9, 2017)
Working in real time, AssureID eliminates manual screening errors, speeds up the document inspection process and significantly reducing employee training, operating costs and customer inconvenience.
AssureID can be employed for address and age verification, to check against watch lists such as Interpol, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) to provide the utmost security or create your own custom list.
Acuant FRM is as easy as taking a selfie and comparing it to extracted biometric data contained in the government issued ID.
- Results are given in seconds reducing fraud by matching the face biometrics of a selfie to the face image on the ID and authenticating they match.
- Additionally, Acuant FRM provides liveness detection to prevent fraudsters from using static images.
- This ensures that not only does the face match, but there is indeed a live person in front of the camera.
- FRM works with any mobile device and OS and allows for the option of using a local camera for desktop environments.
Acuant CHIP is a core component of AssureID and performs a comprehensive series of authentication tests such as:
- Basic Access Control (BAC) to cryptographically access the chip contents
- Active Authentication, to confirm the authenticity of the chip (and that it has not been cloned)
- Data Group Hash Authentication, to confirm that data group files have not been modified, and
- Document Signer Authentication, to confirm the authenticity of the Data Group hashes.
- CHIP technology provides the ability to read data and verify the authenticity of e-chips present in IDs and Passports on both mobile and desktop devices.
Acuant DocX allows you to mitigate fraud in high risk environments by employing a manual review of the document in question conducted by a verified credential expert in a matter of minutes.
- The expert is assisted by with patented AssureID document authentication technology to analyze anomalies that automated document authentication and facial review processes identify, including damaged identity documents and poor image quality when applicable.
- DocX experts will make a judgment (pass, fail, unable to decide) based on the data provided within minutes to facilitate real time transactions.
Acquiring images such as identity and insurance documents by a mobile device has increasing utility for global users in both the commercial and government markets.
Acuant processes millions of transactions globally each month with its cloud and mobile products.
“We are pleased to continue to offer our partners and the identity verification market best in class solutions that offer flexibility in device and deployment methods,” said Yossi Zekri, president and CEO, Acuant.
“We strive for continuous improvement and strengthening our intellectual property is a large part of that as we continue to experience rapid growth.”