ADT has unveiled its newly redesigned and renamed smart home security system, the ADT Command Panel & Control Platform (ADT Command – formerly ADT Pulse), as well as a suite of smart security and home automation products at the 2019 Consumer Electronic Show (CES), in the Sands Expo Convention Center, Las Vegas.
The ADT Command tablet is a 7-inch, wireless touchscreen dynamic and innovative wireless panel that serves as the central point of the system.
ADT Command includes numerous smart home capabilities, including seamless set up and control with the ADT Control app, that allows customers to protect and automate their homes from anywhere at any time.
(Watch to learn how the ADT Go app works for you and your family. Courtesy of ADT and YouTube. Posted on Dec 19, 2018.)
ADT Command Key features include:
- Know who is arriving home and when, with the 7-inch wireless, touchscreen Command panel that snaps a photo when the system is disarmed using its built-in camera.
- By creating dynamic scenes and rules, your smart home devices work in harmony to keep your family safe.
- For example, in case of a fire, the system can be connected to the thermostat, lights and doors, making it easier and safer for everyone to get outside.
(One recent morning, Shawn Siqueiros and her fiancé Pat McCracken had just left their Tucson home when one of their cats pushed a towel over a lit candle, igniting a small fire. As smoke filled the air, the home’s security system sent a signal to an ADT monitoring center in Irving, Texas. Emergency Dispatcher Shana Allen quickly called 911 and Tucson firefighters rushed to the scene and extinguished the fire which was limited to the bathroom. Shawn and Pat are grateful their cats, Lucy and Ethel, survived and their house wasn’t destroyed. They are anxious to meet all those who helped. Courtesy of ADT and YouTube. Posted on Dec 19, 2018.)
- Keep your home connected 24/7 with the panel’s battery backup with dual path Broadband and LTE cellular communications.
- ADT Command features two-way encryption RF sensor technology to help reduce the potential for hacking.
- For increased control of your home, unique user codes and permission settings can grant access to users only on the days and times you specify.
- The app’s geofencing technology generates helpful automations and alerts to trigger events, with reminders such as arming the security system when you leave the house.
- With voice control technology, you can easily control your system simply with your voice.
Control at your Fingertips, Anytime and Anywhere:
- Use the Control app to carry out preset automations when you leave or arrive home, allowing you to remotely arm or disarm your system.
- No matter where you are, you can rest easy knowing your doors are locked, your lights are on or off and your home is secured.
- You can even watch live video and images from your mobile phone, tablet or smartwatch, so you can stay connected to your home no matter where your travels take you.
ADT Command customers receive ADT’s monitoring and emergency response, backed by 4,000 monitoring professionals across 10 monitoring centers, providing 24/7 protection, 365 days a year.
“As home automation continues to evolve and become more accessible, we know our growing community of 3 million smart home customers want and expect a security solution that is fully integrated with the latest technology innovations,” explains Don Young, ADT Chief Information Officer & Executive Vice President, Field Operations.
“With ADT Command & Control, consumers get best-in-class monitoring service from the largest security network, combined with the most cutting-edge technology.
The Control platform supports over 250 devices, ranging from carbon monoxide detectors to smart light bulbs, providing custom-fit solutions that provide customers with real protection.”
Additionally, ADT will be showcasing the following products and services at CES 2019 intended to bring users peace of mind backed by real protection no matter where you are.
Highlighted products include:
ADT Go App:
- This all-in-one mobile safety app provides a companion with you wherever you go—whether you’re in the car or in a new city.
- Created in partnership with trusted locator and communication tool Life360, the app offers family check-in and location geo-fencing capabilities, local crime data, driving activity alerts, crash detection and response, roadside assistance, and 24/7 SOS emergency response from ADT’s trusted live monitoring agents.
- Available in Apple and Android app stores, ADT offers two service options to give you peace of mind that fits your family’s needs.
(Learn More. See how the SOS emergency response button works on ADT Go. Courtesy of ADT and YouTube. Posted on Jan 3, 2019.)
ADT Video Doorbell:
- The weatherproof, high-definition video doorbell provides front door security, allowing users to receive alerts, photos and videos, when the doorbell is engaged.
- The doorbell can also reduce false motion events by using object detection, pairing it with other motion data to determine true events and provides superior video quality and crisp wide-angle views with de-warping features.
(With ADT Doorman Service, you get smart security designed and installed just for you. Our home security products self monitor inside and outside with 24/7 monitoring and protection as your backup plan. Courtesy of ADT and YouTube. Posted on Nov 1, 2018.)
Voice Control Integrations:
- ADT’s integrations with Amazon Alexa and Google Voice Assistant provides users a hands-free solution for dynamic scenes that deliver a personalized service.
- Customers can utilize voice commands to arm or disarm their systems, lock and unlock doors, and manage other smart devices like lights and thermostats—making the home not just smarter, but safer.
(ADT is now integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google Voice Assistant, allowing you to utilize either product with your ADT security system. Courtesy of ADT and YouTube. Posted on Aug 17, 2018.)
Interactive Crime Map:
- ADT’s free, interactive crime maps provide up-to-date information on crime statistics, including assault vehicle theft, robbery, and more.
- This tool assists future homebuyers when considering a neighborhood and helps travelers choose the best places to stay when visiting a new city.
- Visit adt.com/crime to explore your neighborhood.
(ADT Inc., an American company that provides residential and small business electronic security, fire protection, and other related alarm monitoring services, has released an interactive crime map for the entire United States. Courtesy of ABC Action News and YouTube. Posted on Sep 20, 2018.)
ADT Command & Control will be available for home installation beginning in the first quarter of 2019.
11 Free Family Locator Apps on Android