AlertMedia, the 2017 Gold Award Winner in the ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program for Best IP Mass Notification System, has improved how organizations manage and communicate emergencies.
Introducing Event Pages
Internal communications have evolved beyond phone and email.
If your organization is relying on outdated channels that are slow, cumbersome, and manual, it’s wasting time and introducing unnecessary risk that could impact the lives of every employee.
With the launch of Event Pages, organizations can instantly link their employees to critical information via a dedicated web page specific to an event.
Transform Communications with AlertMedia Event Pages
While an emergency can be many things – a winter storm, natural disaster, power outage, or man-made incident – streamlining and centralizing communications can play a major role in improving the outcome of an event.
Organizations can now create Event Pages for specific events or incidents, allowing their employees to visit the single page for relevant updates, moderated employee contributions, and event-related resources like continuity plans.
AlertMedia’s Event Pages provide a single online repository for everything related to a specific situation, with current and archived updates, documents, videos, photos, and the path to resolution of the matter.
Instead of employees calling or emailing their organization or co-workers for information, they can visit the Event Page for details or receive instant notifications of any updates to the page.
Individuals affected by the event can check the page as little or often as they feel necessary.
Instead of employees calling or emailing their organization or other employees for information, or worse, being left in the dark, they can continually visit the provided Event Page link for details or receive instant notifications of any updates to the Page.
These notifications are automated, making it much easier and efficient for organizations to keep employees informed every step of the way.
Event Pages significantly reduces the amount of time and energy required to provide such information, while at the same time, ensuring the right messaging gets to the right people at the right time.
Event Pages Make Organizational Communications More Efficient
How An Event Page Works
- In the event of an emergency or event where administrators will be continually providing updates, admins can create an Event Page with its own shareable link
- Employees receive a notification with a link to the Event Page. This notification can be sent through any and all of the AlertMedia channels selected by the administrator, such as SMS text, email, and app push notification.
- Every Event Page is named and dedicated strictly to a single event.
- The event administrator can communicate the Event Page to segmented employee groups or the entire employee base via SMS text, app push notification, email, voice, custom channel, or all methods simultaneously.
- When employees receive the notification, they click on the provided link and are immediately directed to the dedicated Event Page.
- When employees visit the Event Page, they can see the latest updates relevant to the crisis or non-emergent situation.
- Event Pages promote a proactive audience by enabling employees to be able to participate and submit feedback, comments, photos, and videos for administrators to review, and optionally post to the page.
- When viewing an Event Page, the person will quickly see the latest status update and any other information shared by the admin.
- Admins can choose whether or not to send employees instant notification of an update
- Admins can direct notifications to segmented employee groups or the entire employee base
Here’s what admins can do on your Event Page:
- Provide specific, ongoing updates and details about the event
- Post photos and videos, including weather radar loops, traffic maps, and approved employee-submitted images
- Upload important documents, such as emergency evacuation routes and policies and procedures
- Post selected employee comments and responses, similar to social media comment streams, in order to share information and frequently asked questions with employees
AlertMedia’s fully-integrated, cloud-based platform delivers two-way communications and monitoring that keep your organization safe, informed, and connected.
“Instead of sending individual status updates to every affected employee, the company now manages one Event Page in our mobile or web application – a place where they can provide timely status updates, engage in two-conversations with the audience, and share action plans to ensure continuity and an appropriate response to an emergency.”
The Event Page feature is the newest addition to AlertMedia’s robust communications platform.
AlertMedia is modernizing mass communications by delivering an easy-to-use software platform that helps organizations communicate around any event.
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
American Security Today’s 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Awards Presentation Luncheon at ISC East was an overwhelming success, with distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government.
Over 100 professionals gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies, and
- Leaders in Private Security
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Presentation Luncheon
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
American Security Today was formed after careful reflection of 9/11 and its aftermath when the Department of Homeland Security was established and there was an immediate explosion of new products and solutions for what was perceived as an imminent second attack on primary targets in the United States.
As time moved forward from 9/11 itself and in recent years, the threats to our nation have evolved from a large scale 9/11 type attack to:
- Domestic and International Terrorist Attacks carried out by ‘lone wolves’ and coordinated individuals
- Cybersecurity breach attacks against our government agencies, financial institutions and critical infrastructure facilities
- Unprecedented urban violence
- Cultural shifts and societal media bias, which make it increasingly difficult to secure our nation in this constantly evolving threat environment.
These current circumstances have put forward another rapid expansion of new ideas, products and solutions to combat these ever changing challenges.
These changes have called for a new generation of security experts in the Homeland Security and Public Safety fields who need real time knowledge of our ever growing threats.
These experts include the Government at the Federal, State and Local levels as well as from Private Firms specializing in Physical Security, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, Military and Private Security responsible for implementing coordinated security measures to ensure our Nation’s Security and improve Public Safety.
AST focuses on Homeland Security and Public Safety Breaking News, the Newest Initiatives and Hottest Technologies in Physical & IT Security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
To highlight the tremendous accomplishments of agencies and firms receiving this prestigious award, check out American Security Today’s 2017 December ‘ASTORS’ Champions Edition – ‘Year in Review.’
AlertMedia enables enterprise customers such as DHL, AT&T, and Greyhound to send and receive unlimited messages with their audience via multiple channels, including custom channels that can be easily integrated using the AlertMedia API.
Hundreds of enterprise customers in 80+ countries across all industries are using the AlertMedia platform to protect their organizations, automate operations, and mitigate loss.
To Learn More about AlertMedia, call (800) 826-0777 or visit www.alertmedia.com.