GammaTech Computer Corporation, the North American branch of Twinhead International Corporation, is delighted to announce it’s DURABOOK R11 has received the 2017 Gold ‘ASTORS’ Award in the Best Rugged Tablet Computer category.
The ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards, sponsored by American Security Today, honors vendors that deliver innovative solutions, outstanding products, and new technologies designed to address evolving homeland security concerns.
The award was presented during 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Awards Luncheon at ISC East in late 2017, in New York City.
The DURABOOK R11 rugged tablet PC features an 11.6” TFT LCD capacitive touch display and a powerful 5th generation Intel Broadwell Core processor, providing exceptional power for workers in public safety.
It is the lightest 11.6” rugged tablet PC in its class at only 2.73 pounds, while remaining tough with Military Standard 810G and IP65 certifications for drop, shock, dust and water resistance.
Paired with its detachable keyboard, the R11 becomes a flexible 2-in-1 solution.
Fire and EMS departments in North Carolina, Oregon, Minnesota, Colorado, Washington, Louisiana, South Carolina, and California recently purchased the DURABOOK rugged tablet.
Additionally, customers in the Fire and EMS industry include:
- The West Metro Fire Protection District
- The Monterey Fired Department
- The Stallings Fire Department
- The Newberry Country Rescue
- The Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue
- The Grays Harbor Fired District
- The Mankato Department of Public Safety, and
- The Allen Parish Fire Protection District
(Learn More, courtesy of GammaTech USA and YouTube)
Trusted by Fire and EMS agencies around the world, DURABOOK rugged computing solutions are used by public safety departments for a wide variety of applications, which include:
- Improved situational awareness
- Computer aided dispatch (CAD)
- Emergency response protocol
- Data capture
- Pre-plan response
- Automated vehicle location (AVL)
- Electronic patient care records (ePCR)
- Database access
- Incident reporting
- Evidence documentation
- Report filing
- Communications programming, and
- Monitoring of LMR and more
“Numerous agencies are called upon to support homeland security efforts,” said Tom Wang, President, GammaTech.
“Military, first responders, port security and many others at national, state and local levels are involved.”
“It’s critical these individuals and agencies have technology they can rely on under the most demanding of circumstances.”
“The DURABOOK R11 is purpose-built to meet the needs of these users.”
“We are thrilled that American Security Today has recognized our hard work and given the R11 this honor.”
Additionally, to help customers address the challenges and complexity of deploying and managing their mobility solutions, GammaTech offers a wide range of support services which includes:
- Device customization
- Consulting, disk imaging, deployment assistance and installation
- Extended and no-fault warranty options
- Warranty depot repair center with 48 hour turn-around-time
- A live call center
- Device retirement, and
- An online support center for drivers and manuals
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
American Security Today’s 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Awards Presentation Luncheon at ISC East was an overwhelming success, with distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government.
Over 100 professionals gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies, and
- Leaders in Private Security
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Presentation Luncheon
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
American Security Today was formed after careful reflection of 9/11 and its aftermath when the Department of Homeland Security was established and there was an immediate explosion of new products and solutions for what was perceived as an imminent second attack on primary targets in the United States.
As time moved forward from 9/11 itself and in recent years, the threats to our nation have evolved from a large scale 9/11 type attack to:
- Domestic and International Terrorist Attacks carried out by ‘lone wolves’ and coordinated individuals
- Cybersecurity breach attacks against our government agencies, financial institutions and critical infrastructure facilities
- Unprecedented urban violence
- Cultural shifts and societal media bias, which make it increasingly difficult to secure our nation in this constantly evolving threat environment.
These current circumstances have put forward another rapid expansion of new ideas, products and solutions to combat these ever changing challenges.
These changes have called for a new generation of security experts in the Homeland Security and Public Safety fields who need real time knowledge of our ever growing threats.
These experts include the Government at the Federal, State and Local levels as well as from Private Firms specializing in Physical Security, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, Military and Private Security responsible for implementing coordinated security measures to ensure our Nation’s Security and improve Public Safety.
Together, each of these entities work together seamlessly on the front lines of protecting our communities, to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
AST focuses on Homeland Security and Public Safety Breaking News, the Newest Initiatives and Hottest Technologies in Physical & IT Security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
To highlight the tremendous accomplishments of agencies and firms receiving this prestigious award, check out American Security Today’s 2017 December ‘ASTORS’ Champions Edition – ‘Year in Review.’
To Learn More about GammaTech’s DURABOOK line of mobile rugged computer options for law enforcement, Fire and EMS, military personnel, medical professionals and more, please visit www.GammaTechUSA.com