GTL, Two-Time Winner of the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards, provides value to our customers through parole and community corrections solutions that help reduce recidivism and streamlines the post-release process.
The effect of these combined powers is seen in one of our newer products: Guardian.
Guardian is an innovative offender monitoring solution used by local, state, and private probation, parole, and community corrections professionals to supervise low to mid-risk offenders in place of a traditional ankle monitor and check-in.
(See how this new, combined company of GTL and Telmate, is changing the face of technology for correctional facilities, technology for government and the future for inmates. Courtesy of GTL and YouTube)
This low-cost, smartphone-based, GPS monitoring solution requires no new hardware for case managers, or for enrollees, who only need their smartphone, and includes innovative face recognition and voice detection/confirmation technology.
- Guardian also offers inclusion/exclusion zones, event reminder text messages, and live video chats between case managers and participants.
- Guardian gives agencies the confidence that they are utilizing the most innovative, effective, and secure smartphone monitoring solution on the market.
With more inmates going back into mainstream society, agencies need effective tools to help with rehabilitation and reintegration.
Guardian is one of these tools.
HOW IT WORKS
Guardian not only helps case managers do more with less, it also provides clients a less intrusive and familiar mobile app solution that supports increased participation while raising personal confidence.
Guardian aids in re-entry by fostering enrollee freedom, trust, and independence, making the participant feel like they are contributing members of society.
Guardian is simple for case managers and enrollees to use and gives unmatched customization, control, and reporting.
In January 2018 GTL improved our solution with the release of Guardian Confirm, a new self-reporting feature that is part of the Guardian offender monitoring platform.
The smartphone-based questionnaire helps case managers save time and gain caseload-monitoring flexibility.
With Confirm, case managers do not have to make phone calls or conduct in-person visits to gather information.
Low-risk offenders simply check in from their smartphone and answer routine questions about daily and life-changing events.
Confirm asks questions such as:
• Has your home address changed since your last check in?
• Have you had any contact with law enforcement?
• Are you still working for the same employer as did when you last checked in?
Some of the benefits of using Guardian Confirm are:
• Ability to customize questions
• Use as a standalone product or as part of the Guardian solution
• Daily email confirming self-reporting compliance
• Alerts for all questionnaire exceptions
GTL, both directly and via their wholly-owned subsidiaries Telmate and TouchPay, are reinventing what’s possible in corrections.
Offering best-of-breed technology and proven solutions in all categories to a broader set of customers.
GTL Takes Two in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
- Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- GTL Inspire Tablet
- Best Rugged Computer Tablet
- Silver ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- Mobile IQ/Blended Approach
- Best Cell Phone Detection Solution
American Security Today’s 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Awards Presentation Luncheon at ISC East was an overwhelming success, with distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government.
Over 100 professionals gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies, and
- Leaders in Private Security
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
American Security Today was formed after careful reflection of 9/11 and its aftermath when the Department of Homeland Security was established and there was an immediate explosion of new products and solutions for what was perceived as an imminent second attack on primary targets in the United States.
As time moved forward from 9/11 itself and in recent years, the threats to our nation have evolved from a large scale 9/11 type attack to:
- Domestic and International Terrorist Attacks carried out by ‘lone wolves’ and coordinated individuals
- Cybersecurity breach attacks against our government agencies, financial institutions and critical infrastructure facilities
- Unprecedented urban violence
- Cultural shifts and societal media bias, which make it increasingly difficult to secure our nation in this constantly evolving threat environment.