Orolia, through its brand McMurdo, has been awarded a search and rescue (SAR) software contract for the Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana.
McMurdo will provide its next-generation PRISMA C2 Incident Management System (IMS) for Botswana’s Rescue Coordination Centers (RCCs).
The company’s state-of-the-art IMS solution will revolutionize Botswana’s current method of responding to aviation SAR missions by providing SAR operators and decision makers with real-time situational awareness, planning and response tools that facilitate effective incident management.
The IMS solution is part of McMurdo’s innovative PRISMA C2 platform that converges critical emergency readiness and response solutions, including coastal surveillance, maritime fleet management and maritime and aviation incident management.
With the introduction of McMurdo’s IMS solution in Botswana, RCC coordinators can detect, locate and rescue those in distress faster and more reliably than ever before.
“This contract is the first delivery of McMurdo’s next-generation PRISMA C2 in Africa and builds on Orolia’s existing resilient positioning, navigation and timing solutions already in place in Nigeria, Morocco and South Africa,” said Chris Loizou, Chief Business Development Officer for Orolia.
“To deliver such a critical, yet practical, local solution demonstrates McMurdo’s commitment to help save lives with best-in-class search and rescue solutions.”
The foundation for Emergency Readiness and Response.
“We prepare our customers for emergency situations through training and education. We help emergency personnel respond quickly with identification and surveillance solutions that manage and accelerate the various crisis-response processes.”
McMurdo’s PRISMA (Preparation, Response, Identification, Surveillance, Management, Acceleration) Partner Platform is the foundation for Emergency Readiness and Response – enabling the products, technologies and services from a variety of manufacturers, partners and integrators to work together cohesively and seamlessly – creating the most comprehensive solutions for a variety of vertical industries.
- Fleet management or air traffic control software enhanced to include search and rescue capabilities
- Intelligent life jackets, life rafts or flight suits optimized to provide emergency location positioning
- Artisanal fishery solutions that protect crewmembers, the environment and economic fishing zones
- Mission aircraft rescue solutions that facilitate and expedite the rescue process
- Military-grade solutions built with additional security and robustness required for defense, law enforcement or first responders applications
- Training and simulation solutions that go beyond vessel operations to include mass rescue, man overboard and other life-saving processes
The possibilities are endless. The vision made reality by the McMurdo PRISMA Partner Platform.
McMurdo is the world leader in emergency readiness and response with the only end-to-end solutions for SAR satellite-aided technology, from voyage data recorders and distress beacons to satellite ground infrastructure to mission control centers and rescue coordination centers.
Half of the world’s MEOSAR satellite ground infrastructure has been installed by McMurdo, as well as the manufacture of 25% of the world’s 500,000 registered beacons.