Apricorn, a 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Platinum Winner for Best Data Storage Security Device, and the leading manufacturer of software-free, hardware-encrypted USB drives, has released the new Aegis Secure Key 3z hardware encrypted flash drive and the Aegis Configurator.
Building on the success of its predecessor (the Aegis Secure Key 3.0), the Aegis Secure Key 3z is a feature-rich USB drive that includes FIPS-level security while eliminating vulnerabilities found in software-managed systems.
It also enables security professionals in the most regulated industries – such as banking, government, education, legal and healthcare – to configure and deploy multiple devices simultaneously with the new Aegis Configurator.
Offering the most advanced data protection, the new Aegis Secure Key 3z flash drive offers top-level security innovation (FIPS 140-2 level 3 validation pending) at lower costs and smaller form factor than available before.
Combined with the Aegis Configurator, the Aegis Secure Key 3z flash drive provides a seamless workflow for secure storage rollouts.
This includes an ability to shut down the configuration pathway via firmware residing on the device, eliminating the ability to reopen the pathway via software.
This “locking the door from the inside” approach eliminates the threat of unauthorized access to the device’s authentication settings via the USB port.
The Aegis Configurator is Apricorn’s accompanying Windows-based software package that allows 10 or more compatible Aegis Secure Devices to be set up and configured simultaneously.
Beyond being exponentially faster than configuring an Apricorn device by hand, the configurator also introduces a host of new features.
Automatic random PIN generation, programmable maximum PIN length, master profile creation and storage, and the ability to reformat and pre-load data onto drives at the time of configuration are just a few of the new tools introduced in the configurator launch.
“The 3z is our 3rd generation Secure USB flash drive and has the improved features, functionality and componentry you would expect to see from Apricorn,” said Mike McCandless, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Apricorn.
“Following the established trend in electronics, the 3z is also smaller and less expensive than its predecessors.”
“Combined with the introduction of the Aegis Configurator, we have created an eco-system that simplifies deployment and access to the many device features, without sacrificing our software-free approach or security”.
The Aegis Secure Key 3z is Apricorn’s most feature-rich device to date and (like all Apricorn secure drives) is software-free, eliminating annual license fees, software updates, and platform compatibility issues.
Aegis Secure Key 3z Features:
- Military-grade 256-bit AES XTS hardware encryption
- Aegis Configurator Compatibility
- Programmable Minimum PIN length
- Auto-Lock feature – Automatically locks after a predetermined period of inactivity
- Drive Reset feature – Allows for redeployment after wiping drive’s data
- Embedded Keypad for host-free authentication
- User Forced Enrollment
- Recovery PINs
- Programmable Brute Force
- Lock Override mode – Ignores re-enumeration signals to be compatible with virtual machines
- Key Press Indicator – optional mode to show when a key has been pressed
- Self-destruct feature – Designate a self-destruct PIN to wipe and reset the device
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
Aegis Configurator Features:
- Configures 10 or More Devices Simultaneously
- Create, Edit, and Store Master Profiles
- Random PIN Generator
- Programmable Min / Max PIN Length
- Drive Reformatting / File Upload
- Log File of Device Settings, Recovery PINs, User PINs
- FIPS 140-2 Validation (pending)
The Aegis Secure Key 3z is available immediately in a variety of sizes, including: 8GB ($79), 16GB ($99), 32GB ($129), and 64GB ($159). It is available from most online retailers and at www.apricorn.com.