ParaZero, a drone safety systems company announced its drone safety system has successfully saved hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of payload mounted on a commercial drone that almost crashed several weeks ago.
The mission was executed by a commercial drone operator in the homeland security domain.
ParaZero’s drone safety system identified a critical failure in the flight and autonomously deployed a ballistic parachute during the customers’ operations.
While the drone was in the air, ParaZero’s sensors continuously monitored the flight path, looking out for abnormalities.
The safety system identified a critical failure and triggered the flight termination system, shutting down the powers to the rotors.
Additionally, the patented parachute launcher opened the chute to full canopy in a fraction of a second, bringing the drone and expensive payload safely to the ground and minimizing the impact energy.
(Learn More about ParaZero. Courtesy of ParaZero and YouTube. Posted on May 14, 2017.)
“Our drone safety system proved yet again that it can save the drone and the payload in real-life situations,” exclaimed ParaZero’s CEO, Eden Attias.
“We are happy we could assist our customer in safeguarding their costly equipment during their operations, resulting in continuous operations.”
ParaZero offers a smart and intuitive solution to address the industry’s safety challenges by designing the best-in-class autonomous drone safety system to secure the drone and payload.
ParaZero’s drone safety system is an end to end solution that is designed for DJI’s commercial drones such as Matrice 200 and 600 series.
The safety system independently monitors key flight parameters of the drone’s avionic systems.
The drone flight profile is collected, and monitored for anomalies.
When critical failures are identified, the flight termination system cuts power to the rotors and a set of actions is triggered:
- Audio buzzer is activated to warn bystanders to move out of harm’s way
- The patented parachute deployment mechanism opens the chute to full canopy in a fraction of a second, controls the descent and enables safe flight over people even at low altitudes.
- The drone is brought safely to the ground, minimizing the impact energy.
(Showcasing autonomous identification of loss of control, deployment, and up and running again. Courtesy of ParaZero and YouTube. Posted on Aug 5, 2018.)
Parazone Solution Benefits Include:
- The autonomous system capabilities identify loss of control and trigger the parachute deployment.
Low Altitude Capabilities
- The combination of autonomous triggering capabilities along with SafeAir’s ballistic parachute enable safe emergency recovery even at very low altitudes.
- ParaZero has developed the world’s fastest parachute launcher.
Independent Flight Termination System
- The system shuts down the rotor power, prevents entanglement with the rotors and mitigates the risk of laceration injuries.
- Collected data is stored and can be used for post incident analysis.
Tested and Proven Reliability
- ParaZero’s systems have been tested by a 3rd party reliability testing agency and have received a MTBCF level of 10-7.
Reduced Insurance Costs
- ParaZero has partnered with Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty.
- Customers that are using ParaZero’s SafeAir systems are eligible for special incentives and discounts on their insurance policies.
(Learn More about ParaZero. Courtesy of ParaZero and YouTube. Posted on Mar 24, 2017.)