Genetec, a leading technology provider of unified security, public safety, operations, and business intelligence solutions, and a 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program Winner for Best Video Data Storage Solution, has announced the new ‘File Request’ feature for its Genetec Clearance™ digital evidence management system.
This new feature is designed to make it easy for the general public and private businesses to contribute to crime-solving efforts by sharing relevant video and photos from their cell phones and surveillance systems with law enforcement agencies.
The new feature is simple to use:
- Investigators create a file request link or QR code that can be shared with the public in a variety of ways such as via social media, on the web or on the news.
- Contributors can then upload videos, photos, and other evidence directly into Clearance for police officers, investigators and security managers to review and use as part of their investigation.
- Since Clearance can accept a wide variety of proprietary file types and file sizes, it is easy for private businesses to upload digital evidence from their surveillance systems even if they are very large files.
(The increase in the amount of evidence gathered from surveillance systems, body cameras, and civilians can help solve crimes. However, it also presents new challenges for the investigation process. With a case management system that facilitates collaboration between security departments, outside agencies, and the public, you can overcome these issues and speed up investigations in a cost efficient manner. Courtesy of Genetec and YouTube. Posted on Jun 4, 2018.)
Once uploaded, all case information remains private and secure and user actions are tracked to maintain chain of custody.
The Clearance File Request feature also eliminates the need to create multiple copies using insecure means like DVDs or thumb-drives, and saves personnel time from having to drive out to gather evidence.
“As we turn to our phones to capture life’s events, and as video surveillance increases, so does the amount of digital evidence created by personal devices and private systems,” explains Erick Ceresato, Product Line Manager at Genetec.
“For investigators, getting access to this evidence can be tricky, especially since large video files are difficult to share.”
“With the new File Request feature in Genetec Clearance, agencies can quickly put out requests for evidence, and maximize their efforts when collaborating during an investigation,”
(Watch how you can quickly collect digital evidence from external sources using Genetec Clearance.. Courtesy of Genetec and YouTube. Posted on Apr 19, 2018.)
Genetec Takes Gold in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
- Gold ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- Genetec Stratocast Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaas)
- Best Video Data Storage Solution
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Leaders in Private Security
- Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards at https://americansecuritytoday.com/ast-awards/.
American Security Today will be holding the 2018 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon to honor Nominees, Finalists and Winner in November 2018, in New York City.
Genetec is an innovative technology company with a broad solutions portfolio that encompasses security, intelligence, and operations.
The company’s flagship product, Security Center, is an open-architecture platform that unifies IP-based video surveillance, access control, automatic license plate recognition (ALPR), communications, and analytics.
(See how Genetec Security Center gives you the ability to work smarter, incorporating access control, video surveillance, automatic license plate recognition (ALPR), communications, and intrusion detection. It provides enhanced situational awareness, improved operational efficiency, and increased productivity by showing you the big picture. Courtesy of Genetec and YouTube)