Robotic Assistance Devices, (RAD), Platinum Award Winner in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program for Best Robotic Perimeter Protection Solution, will introduce its newest artificially intelligent guarding solution, the Security Control and Observation Tower at ISC West 2018 in Las Vegas.
The new Security Control and Observation Tower (SCOT™) is ideal for any application where long-range human detection, automated and custom interaction, and a visible security presence are needed to expand an organization’s situational awareness while protecting people and assets from outside threats.
SCOT™ is a standalone, remote, portable, self-sufficient intelligence observation tower designed to expand an organization’s security reach instantly.
The SCOT™ solution is ideal for perimeter surveillance for critical infrastructure, distribution and storage centers, data centers, high-value outdoor areas, homeowner’s associations and other restricted properties.
SCOT™ is customizable and can be used anywhere a “stand-at-post” guarding position is in use, at any visitor/employee check-in location and at any kiosk location.
(Learn More. The SCOT™ is a standalone remote, portable, self-sufficient security observation tower designed to expand an organization’s security reach instantly. RAD’s unique Power System allows SCOT™ to be quickly placed virtually anywhere for short- or long-term deployments with zero investment/planning in any supporting infrastructure. Courtesy of Robotic Assistance Devices and Vimeo)
SCOT™ is equipped with artificial intelligence (AI) that powers human detection analytics, featuring the longest range detection at low false alarm rates.
Additionally, SCOT™ debuts the RAD Software Suite, which is a collection of integrated software applications hosted in Microsoft’s Azure Cloud services and allows immediate and mobile access to alerts and controls generated by SCOT™.
“Not only does SCOT™ allow flexibility for deployment, but it also results in an organization’s ability to scale as needed to fully address security challenges,” explains Steve Reinharz, President and CEO, RAD.
“Customers that need more control and protection of their facilities can deploy the SCOT™ solution at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.”
“SCOT™’s ability to be instantly deployed to a location makes it unique in the market, as many of today’s end users require solutions that offer immediate and long-term results without the debilitating cost or installation time of infrastructure investment.”
Each SCOT™ tower is equipped with the latest AI technologies:
- Human detection analytics – SuspectSpotter
- License plate recognition – LicenseSpoter
- Standalone power – RAD Power Systems
- MAC Tracker™ capabilities – through BOLO Technologies
- Long-range paging
- Close-range intercom
- Customizable wraparound LED panels
- Long-range visibility
- Cellular connectivity and WiFi capabilities
- Credential validation and access control (optional)
- 24/7 equipment monitoring from RAD through the Robot Monitoring Center
- Up to 180 hours continuous operation
- Security/Help/Panic button
- Large Tablet featuring security and concierge services PLUS video conferencing with the SOC or guards in the field
- Over-the-air software updates
- Audio integration – Built-in VOIP communications
SCOT™’s use of AI allows it to deliver guarding services at a fraction of the cost and is considerably more affordable than any human or automated solution on the market.
Robotic Assistance Devices at a Glance
Robotic Assistance Devices (RAD), a wholly-owned subsidiary of On the Move Systems, Inc. is an innovator in the delivery of artificial intelligence-based solutions that empower organizations to gain new insight, solve complex challenges and fuel new business ideas.
Through its next-generation robotic product offerings, RAD can help organizations streamline operations, increase ROI and strengthen business.
RAD robotics technology improves the simplicity and economics of patrolling and guard services, and allows experienced personnel to focus on more strategic tasks.
RAD Takes Two in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
- Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Award Winner
- SMP/RAD S5 Robotic Guard
- Best Robotic Perimeter Protection Solution
- RAD Autonomous Robotic Solution which helps organizations Streamline Operations, Increase ROI and Strengthen Safety
- Leadership & Innovation in Homeland Security
Over 100 distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government, gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Leaders in Private Security