Robotic Assistance Devices (RAD), an innovator in artificial intelligence and robotics, and exclusive North American assembly partner for SMP Robotics, is pleased to announce their SMP/RAD S5 Robotic Guard has been nominated to compete in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards program.
The SMP/RAD Robotics S5 Robotic Guard is a fully autonomous unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) that utilizes advanced artificial intelligence systems to augment traditional patrolling services by detecting unauthorized human and vehicle outdoor activity in restricted areas.
The security robot can patrol on a scheduled set route or routes and can report on anomalies that are found on its patrol route.
(Learn More about the SMP/RAD S5 Robotic Guard, from Steve Reinharz, Founder and President of Robotic Assistance Devices. Courtesy of SMP Robotics and YouTube)
The robot uses machine vision learning inertial navigation and other proprietary navigation systems to know exactly where it is and where it is going.
The S5 Robotic Guard can operate up to 12 hours without recharging and continuously monitors in any weather environment, including rain, snow, gusty wind and temperatures ranging from -7 degrees F to 110 degrees F.
It incorporates automatic obstacle avoidance sensors, two-way audio, panic button and onboard panoramic video surveillance to increase situational awareness.
Additionally, it integrates with leading video management solutions and supports other business systems for special equipment, sensor integration, and advanced software development.
(See the SMP/RAD S5 Robotic Guard in Action! Courtesy of SMP Robotics and YouTube)
The S5 Robotic Guard is ideal for critical infrastructure and perimeter security to lower risk boost productivity and ensure safety.
It is also essential for remote location monitoring, providing security where otherwise none would be reasonable to implement, including oil and gas production facilities, utility locations and other enterprise sites.
Modern Robotic Guards
Modern Robotic Guards can be used by organizations to make their security departments move beyond “guns, guards and gates” to streamline departments. By utilizing our RADBot™, they can enhance their ability to effectively patrol large sites.
How it works:
- Patrols a set route or routes depending on schedule.
- While on patrol, 360 degrees of video are captured by the robot.
- This video is an extension of the organization’s existing data capture, operational and safety efforts.
- Security officers and/or the Security Operations Center (SOC) can view the video of what the robot ‘sees’ at any time.
- The robot will alert a guard or the SOC when a predefined parameter, such as an individual, is identified.
- The robot can automatically announce a message to the potential intruder and engage with the SOC for two-way voice control.
- If so equipped the robot can capture license plate information while on patrol.
- The robot, if so equipped, can offer remote guards and operators a variety of additional visualization technology including pan/tilt/zoom cameras, IR imaging and/or thermal cameras.
- Additional integration options are available.
Meet Your New Security Guard
Robotic Assistance Devices in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the SMP/RAD S5 Robotic Guard will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of innovative Robotic Perimeter Protection Systems.
Good luck to RAD on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
To learn more about the SMP/RAD S5 Robotic Guard go to http://roboticassistancedevices.com/smp-robotics-s5-robot/ or visit the company’s website at http://roboticassistancedevices.com/.
Robotic Assistance Devices (RAD) is an innovator of artificial intelligence and robotic solutions for operational, security and monitoring needs.