Arecont Vision‘s SurroundVideo Omni G3 Adjustable View Multi-Sensor Camera, has been nominated in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Award competition.
The SurroundVideo Omni G3 is the latest addition to Arecont’s ground-breaking multi-sensor, multi-megapixel SurroundVideo® omnidirectional camera series, and is the industry’s first camera in the multi-sensor product category pioneered by Arecont Vision that offers no-touch, remote setup.
The SurroundVideo series created multi-sensor megapixel camera market when first launched in 2006.
The brand-new Omni G3 leverages years of continuous refinement & improvements with outstanding value and reliability for government and commercial customers.
(See the SurroundVideo Omni G3 in Action. Courtesy of Arecont Vision and YouTube)
SurroundVideo Omni G3 Features Include:
- Non-stop indoor/outdoor day/night video recording of entire scenes up to 360 degrees, even when digitally zoomed in by an operator to a specific spot (unlike a PTZ)
- Reduces # of cameras required, simplifies installation & operation, & improves overall situational awareness with megapixel HD video 24×7
- Quickly install on pole/wall/ceiling/emergency call box with integrated base plate, & single PoE cable
- Integrated with most VMS/NVR systems, only requiring a single camera license
- 4 independent motorized pan/tilt/zoom/positioning sensors remotely set to any view with the touch of a button, set a 180-270-360 degree view with user-refinement for unmatched coverage
- Quickly remotely change to a new view when different coverage is required for different activities
- Extends product life with ability to add entirely new features & security enhancements with remote firmware updates
- Unmatched, unique, cybersecurity beyond password & network protection from the AV-developed, 5th generation architecture, eliminates viruses & hackers attempting to repurpose the camera for malicious purposes
- SNAPstream technology reduces bandwidth & storage requirements;
- Designed AND built in America by an American company with American workers
- All core software developed by AV, no 3rd party licensed code or chip sets
- Earlier generations of SurroundVideo cameras proven in hundreds of thousands of government, education, and commercial projects worldwide with the industry’s leading VMS/NVR systems.
SurroundVideo Omni G3 is a revolutionary IP network surveillance camera.
“The SurroundVideo Omni G3 continues the Arecont Vision tradition of being a market leader through innovative new products,” said Brad Donaldson, VP of Product Development, Arecont Vision.
“The Omni G3 is the easiest multi-sensor omnidirectional camera in the industry to install, setup, and configure, saving our customers both time and money”.
Arecont Vision continues to lead the multi-sensor camera market that the company first pioneered in 2006.
A single high-definition SurroundVideo camera can replace multiple pan-tilt-zoom cameras or a large number of single-sensor cameras for a wide range of surveillance requirements.
SurroundVideo has been proven in thousands of customer projects around the world, integrated with the customer’s choice of leading video management systems (VMS) and network video recorders (NVR).
The first SurroundVideo Omni camera was introduced in 2014, bringing omnidirectional coverage in place of a fixed 180oor 360o view.
The Omni G1 series was the first to offer 4 sensors that can be positioned independently around a patented, 70+ placement-point magnetic track to cover virtually any angle or view.
SurroundVideo Omni G2 followed in 2016 to offer additional ease of movement and faster setup with motorized, remote focus 3-axis gimbals.
(Learn More about the Arecont Vision SurroundVideo omnidirectional camera series, courtesy of Arecont Vision and YouTube)
The new SurroundVideo Omni G3 goes the final step, delivering no touch remote setup.
The Omni G3 can be quickly installed on a wall, corner, ceiling, pole, emergency call box, or other structure.
The camera is then connected to a single PoE (Power over Ethernet) IP network cable. The installer can then dismount from the ladder or lift, and connect to the camera’s integrated webpage over the network for setup. 180o, 270o, or 360o preset views can be selected, or the installer can adjust and position each of the sensors remotely, including remote focus, zoom, and tilt.
New presets can also be saved, so that the view can be completely changed when needed.
For example, a stadium may have different viewing requirements for a sporting event versus a concert. The user can select the appropriate preset, and the camera will move the sensors to that new perspective.
The camera can then be returned to the original view just as easily. This can all be done without requiring the time and cost of manually mounting a ladder or lift to remove and then replace the dome bubble after adjusting the aim of the 4 sensors, or shifting the entire camera.
All SurroundVideo Omni cameras feature four individual day/night mechanical IR cut filters for the highest image quality at any time of day.
Select 12MP models offer Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) up to 100dB at full resolution for challenging or varied lighting conditions.
All SurroundVideo series cameras offer advanced streaming capabilities.
They are designed on the Arecont Vision highly efficient H.264 encoding platform to deliver high quality video without straining the network.
SurroundVideo Omni G3 adds support for SNAPstream™ (Smart Noise Adaptation and Processing) technology, bringing further reduced camera bandwidth consumption without impacting image quality.
The entire Made in USA SurroundVideo series is subjected to and certified by rigorous dust, water, and impact tests with strict manufacturing quality control.
(Learn the benefits of products ‘Made at Arecont Vision.’ Courtesy of Arecont Vision and YouTube)
With IP66 and IK-10 ratings and an extended operating temperature range, SurroundVideo Omni G3 cameras are ideal for indoor, outdoor, and vandal-prone applications.
Arecont SurroundVideo Omni G3 in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the SurroundVideo Omni G3 will be competing against the industries leading providers of innovative IP video surveillance solutions.
Good luck to Arecont on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
Arecont Vision products are made in the USA. MegaVideo® and SurroundVideo® massively parallel image processing architectures are now in their 5th generation and represent a drastic departure from traditional analog and network camera designs.
For more information, please visit the company website at or the company’s website at https://www.arecontvision.com/.