SyncDog, Inc., the leading ISV for mobile application containerization, today announced the version 2.5 release of its SentinelSecure™ containerized mobile workspace with a HIPAA-compliant configuration for healthcare-specific mobile workflows.
SentinelSecure™ containerized workspace for healthcare secures enterprise mobile collaboration with productivity applications in a FIPS 140-2 certified,* AES 256-bit encrypted container.
The mobile security solution is designed as a complement to existing EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) and MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions, and is certified for MobileIron, Snow Software, Notify Technology, and the Apperian Mobile App Platform.
(Learn More, courtesy of Nathan Miller and YouTube)
“Penalties for HIPAA violations are increasing in frequency and severity,” said Jonas Gyllensvaan, SyncDog founder and CEO.
“As healthcare providers and employees continue to access more patient data on mobile devices, they must also recognize the increased risk with personal apps that operate on the same device.”
“This configuration of SentinelSecure™ has been designed to secure enterprise applications on the device-level to protect patient data from the growing threat of mobile malware.”
High-profile data breaches continue to hit the healthcare industry, as in the case of Advocate Health Care Network, Illinois’s largest hospital chain. Advocate accepted a record $5.5 million settlement with the OCR (Office of Civil Rights) in August of this year.
In light of these growing instances of HIPAA non-compliance and subsequent penalties, SyncDog has released this 2.5 version build of SentinelSecure™ to secure ePHI (electronic Protected Healthcare Information) to HIPAA standards.
For more information on HIPAA compliance, click here.
SentinelSecure™ Containerized Workspace for Healthcare
The SentinelSecure™ containerized workspace for healthcare delivers a secure mobile app collaboration platform that encrypts and transports data between the enterprise and secure, “sandboxed” applications running on employees’ mobile devices.
The workspace protects client enterprise networks with a secure, partitioned FIPS 140-2 certified* container on both iOS and Android devices and secures data both at rest and in transit using AES 256-bit encryption.
SentinelSecure™ containerized workspace for healthcare is iOS 10 ready, and delivers the following enterprise mobility security benefits:
- Military-grade (FIPS 140-2 certified,* AES 256-bit encryption) containerized workstation with a full suite of business and productivity applications available within the container
- Container apps include Office Suite, Office 365, Gmail, SharePoint, a secure web browser for Internet/Intranet, texting, file management/sync, geo-location, and many others. Click here for the full list.
- Flexible deployment options as a standalone container, or bundled with EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) systems. SentinelSecure™ has certified integrations with MobileIron, Notify Technology, Inc., and Snow Software, and field integrations with other EMM solutions.
- Compatibility with the latest version of ActiveSync, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Novell GroupWise.
- Simplified mobile application compliance, managed in a single containerized mobility solution
- Flexible pricing options for the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership
- Cross-platform compatibility, including both iOS and Android devices
For more information, download the SentinelSecure™ containerized workspace for healthcare datasheet here.
EMM/MDM Integrations with SentinelSecure™ Containerized Workspace for Healthcare
SentinelSecure™ is available in the MobileIron application MarketPlace, and holds certified integration with MobileIron, Notify Technology, and Snow Software EMMs. SentinelSecure™ has field integrations with other leading EMMs, and is certified with the Apperian Mobile Application Management solution.
SyncDog is the leading independent software vendor (ISV) for building secure infrastructure frameworks that protect enterprise networks from cyber breach from mobile computing sources.
The SentinelSecure™ product line for application containerization and IoT (Internet of Things) module monitoring provides the industry’s most proactive approach to securing enterprise mobility computing.
The SentinelSecure™ data security solution delivers military-grade (FIPS 140-2 certified,* AES 256-bit) secure mobile device partitions or “containers” that can secure emails/contacts, calendar items, IM apps, Internet browsers, mobile file stores and other business apps provisioned on personal devices to be used in a BYOD setting.
*NIST Certification #2687 | Link