The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has awarded a contract option, valued at approximately $2.8 million under the TSA Accessible Property Screening System (APSS) program, to Integrated Defense and Security Solutions (IDSS).
Under the option exercise, TSA is acquiring additional advanced DETECT™ 1000 screening systems, IDSS Auto-Diverter Systems as well as deployment and integration of the scanner with various Automated Screening Lanes.
The DETECT™ 1000 is currently operational at Boston’s Logan Airport, Houston’s Hobby Airport and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
(See IDSS and the advanced airport checkpoint scanner, the DETECT 1000, featured on Fox News. Courtesy of Integrated Defense & Security Solutions (IDSS) and YouTube. Posted on Jun 1, 2017.)
Several other U.S. and international customers have also obtained IDSS systems.
The additional systems purchased under this contract option are scheduled to be installed in Fiscal Year 2019 at six U.S. domestic airports.
The award of this contract option compliments a number of development contracts IDSS has recently been awarded by other agencies and organizations.
These contracts, totaling over $13 million, are for adding new capabilities to the DETECT™ 1000 to advance the automated detection of certain threat types, as well as to develop new solutions for other applications and government agencies.
The DETECT™ 1000 delivers advanced resolution and automated threat detection to speed up operations and transform security.
Based on medical, computed tomography (CT) imaging technology, the DETECT™ 1000 is a powerful lens with which to see and identify smaller and more advanced threats than ever before.
This high performance and high resolution system eliminates the burden of removing laptops and liquids from bags.
DETECT™ 1000 FEATURES INCLUDE:
- TSA and ECAC certified
- Unprecedented detection and low false alarm rates
- Industry-leading imaging; the highest resolution available
- Clear threat isolation for verification through user-friendly on-screen analytics tools
- High speed screening: 600+ bags per hour
- Designed for standalone operation or integration with Automated Security Lanes and Smart Lanes
- Checkpoint compliant size, weight and power
- High operational availability of 99.9% over a 10-year Operational Life Cycle
- Cost effective design supports easily definable return on investment and total cost of ownership