By “Blogger Bob” Burns
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers often discover unusual items in carry-on and checked bags.
Here, they are sharing just a few of the more offbeat items with you in their Top Ten Most Unusual Finds of 2017!
(Courtesy of the TSA and YouTube. Posted on Jan 3, 2018)
- 10) Face Tenderizer (Carry-on Bag) – Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF)
- 9) Aggressive Odor Eater (Checked Bag) – Milwaukee General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- 8) Pointy Fidget Spinner (Carry-on Bag) – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- 7) Grenade Art Thing #1 (Checked Bag) – Milwaukee General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- 6) Lonely Throwing Star (Carry-on Bag) – Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- 5) Scythe (Carry-on Bag) – John Wayne Airport Orange County (SNA)
- 4) Satan’s Pizza Cutter (Carry-on Bag) – Honolulu International Airport (HNL)
- 3) Bone Knife (Carry-on Bag) – Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI)
- 2) Replica Rifle Umbrella (Carry-on Item) – Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- 1) Festively Wrapped Narcotics (Checked Bag) – Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- ***BONUS*** Grenade Art Thing #2 (Carry-on) – Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
(TSA finds grenade art in carry-on bag at Milwaukee airport. Courtesy of TODAY’S TMJ4 and YouTube. Posted on May 3, 2017)
Unfortunately these sorts of occurrences are all too frequent which is why the TSA talks about these finds.
Sure, it’s great to share the things that TSA officers are finding, but at the same time, each time they find a dangerous item, the line is slowed down and a passenger that likely had no ill intent ends up with a citation or in some cases is even arrested.
This is a friendly reminder to please leave these items at home.
Just because we find a prohibited item on an individual does not mean they had bad intentions; that’s for the law enforcement officer to decide.
In many cases, people simply forgot they had these items.
(Did you see last year’s top 10? If not, here you go. Courtesy of the TSA and YouTube)